Edit Next Up order?

explor202

explor202

I like that we can remove a show/episode from Next Up (Legacy), but will there ever be an option to edit the order the shows/episodes are listed in? My apologies if this has been asked before. I did a search and didn't find anything related, and I don't see any settings in Emby itself.

Happy2Play

The order comes from last played.  What order are you wanting?

explor202
52 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

The order comes from last played.

That may have answered my question. I watch an episode of SpongeBob every evening while eating supper (don't ask). After I'm done with whatever episode I watch, I mark it as unwatched, so in case at some point in the future I want to watch it again, it's quickly available as such. SpongeBob is currently 16th of 24 episodes in my Next Up list, so I'd like it to be somewhere closer to the front for less scrolling to get to.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, explor202 said:

That may have answered my question. I watch an episode of SpongeBob every evening while eating supper (don't ask). After I'm done with whatever episode I watch, I mark it as unwatched, so in case at some point in the future I want to watch it again, it's quickly available as such. SpongeBob is currently 16th of 24 episodes in my Next Up list, so I'd like it to be somewhere closer to the front for less scrolling to get to.

I guess a workaround would be mark the previous watched episode (episode before the one you watched and marked unwatched) as unwatched then watched to make it the first item.

explor202
22 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

mark the previous watched episode (episode before the one you watched and marked unwatched) as unwatched then watched to make it the first item.

Excellent suggestion and it seems to have worked. I just marked Help Wanted (the very first episode) as unwatched then watched. Emby now shows SpongeBob first in my Next Up list, so thanks!

As a QA Analyst I'm always looking for ways to improve a process flow or minimize keystrokes; I'd love to see something like a hybrid Next Up/Frequently Watched list option, or some way to toggle between either of them.

Edited by explor202