External Access Problem (Sorry)

Ultrameyda

Ultrameyda

I know some version of this question is asked frequently, so I apologize. I've spent the last week trying to get remote access to Emby working, but no dice. Always the "server is not responding" error.

I'm running Emby on a Synology DS220+ and have absolutely no trouble connecting internally from multiple devices. 

- I can use the Synology DS Audio app to connect in and play music from my NAS when I am on cellular data, so I don't think the NAS is blocking anything.

- I have an Arris BGW210 modem/router from AT&T. I know these can be problematic, but I followed the guide for port forwarding on the router and still not helping.  In the NAT section of the Firewall tab on the router I have made a custom service for Emby with port TCP/UDP: 8096 for the NAS.

- I do not have a second router connected.

- I have a remote WAN address showing in the Emby dashboard that ends in :8096.

I'm happy to give more info if need - I'm sure it must be something I'm doing wrong but for the life of me I don't know what it might be. Thank you!

@cayars

Hi,

Check out this KB article:
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002137137-remote-setup

On a hunch, read the last 6 lines I think it is that explains how to use tracert to test for the presence of a CGNAT.
Let us know how that test goes.  If you're not sure about the results, send them to me in a PM and I'll take a look.  You can send me a private message by username or by clicking on my avatar then use the message link.

Carlo

Ultrameyda

The tracert did not show any 10s or 172s on the third or fourth line. 
When I use canyouseeme or other similar sites, my port 80 on the external WAN is blocked. 
Sorry to take a while to respond, I’m out of town. I’ll keep trying and let you guys know what happens. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Ultrameyda said:

When I use canyouseeme or other similar sites, my port 80 on the external WAN is blocked. 
Sorry to take a while to respond, I’m out of town. I’ll keep trying and let you guys know what happens. Thank you!

Does port 80 matter given that the server will be on 8096/8920?

On 4/9/2022 at 11:29 AM, Ultrameyda said:

When are you going to be back in town?

We would like to get this worked out with you.

Carlo

Send me a message by hovering over my avatar (you'll see message link) and we'll setup a remote session to help you get this resolved.

Carlo