FR: Server - Add option to allow users to see active devices status

hoxtonia

hoxtonia

For my remote users it would be helpful if they could see which other devices are connected and whether they are direct playing or transcoding - with the option for the admin to enable this on a per user basis. Be great to have this as on option in the web client and roku boxes as a first step troubleshoot for remote users or as a pre play check. 

• 5 years later...
MBSki

This is from a long time ago, but I can't find anything in the existing dashboard that shows user activity. Is there something already available? I'm looking for a screen that shows what users are connected, what they're watching, and if they're direct playing or transcoding.  

MBSki

Hi.  The main "Dashboard" page shows all of that...

Ah, yes it does. I thought one of my users was watching something when I checked before, but they weren't. Sure enough when I start a video I get the status on the dashboard. Thanks.

If my memory doesn't fail me Organizr can do something similar, you can link it with emby and configure it to show active users and what are they playing. but i don't remember if it shows the playing method (Direct play, transcoding, etc.) you should test it out.

Edited by Mibok