Divide movies and tv shows by content type: movies, documentary, etc

Schroinx

Schroinx

I have my visual media split into a few categories:

Movies, Movies for kids, Movies not for kids, Documentary, TV Series and finally Concerts.

But as all of these can come as a one part movie or in several parts, my movie area and tv area are littered with the different content types, and frankly it is a bit annoying that all the nice movie features are filled with one part documentary programs and music concerts.

When I sit down, I already know if I want to see a movie, documentary or a concert, so I don't need everything in one pot and it is just annoying and clutters things, and the movies list just grows even more.

Is it not possible by some mean, that I can get as many items in the "Movies, TV, Channels, Folders" line and that is separated and I can name them and define them. I would very much like say a documentary with both single part documentary shows and multi part shows.

This is exactly what Media Folders are for...

You'll need to explain a little more about why you are having trouble setting this up the way you want.

AgileHumor

Go to the main mediabrowser page (with TV, Movies, etc. on top).  Click the little pencil next to "My Views".  Uncheck all collections you DON'T want lumped in to TV/Movies/Music.

5421f16985641_mbcollections.png

• Like 1

Beardyname

AH, that was really helpful. Thank you.

Then it only need an additional checkbox with "do not show in media view" :-)

Care to explain that last part? If you don't want to show a view then why does your user see it? :)

(settings --> users --> user --> library access if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Edited by Beardyname

Schroinx

Care to explain that last part? If you don't want to show a view then why does your user see it? :)

(settings --> users --> user --> library access if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Yes. So it is noget that obvious. If you have just added Nymfomaniac to the not-for-kids section and it shows up on the front page. That's not so discreet. It seems to be on the webbrowser and not in MBT thou.

But in MBT I now has Movies, Movies for Kids, TV and Folders. So I can then go to Folders and then Documentary or Concerts. It is okay, but add a few extra clicks with the remote and does not have the nice layout of Tv and Movies.

When selecting the two movie libraries, one right after the other, they are not good at changing between one and the other,