ServerWMC Issues with refreshing

jriker1

jriker1

Not sure if this belongs with Emby but have ServerWMC integrated.  Thru my NVidia Shield when I click  on the highlighted:

image.thumb.png.49a37c62df77c1bba762139498a2f679.png

You will see like:

image.thumb.png.1c9b185af6be4196fdaf3d2c024dc6d3.png

OK forgetting the lack of images and not sure where ownership of that belongs because according to Emby don't think this folder "technically" exists or it's aware of it but things like

image.thumb.png.6c18f117b63db410fc20d1d79c2f99ec.png

If i go into it I get:

image.thumb.png.3a2ec470535ffca7c891a53290a0f805.png

And forget the lack of images again, but those files have both been deleted hours ago thru the XBox.  So when I try and "play" them, nothing happens.  May feel that's expected but remember this is family factor.  They are trying to identify using the Shield if the XBox fails and have these "refresh" issues.  

Not sure it matters for the current issue but attached the server log.

EDIT:  Also I have a bunch of shows that were recorded this morning and are still not listed there.

embyservertxt.txt

Edited by jriker1

Hi, try just importing your recordings folder as a regular emby library, not going through server wmc.

That's what you'll need to do soon when 4.7 releases anyway. Thanks.

jriker1

I do that also.  The WMC Shows in the first picture, however I need to use MCEBuddy to folderize and rename the files else Emby won't show them.

Ok I would just ignore the server wmc created folder in emby and just use the regular library.

jriker1

Never a perfect solution because in my last CNN picture above, MCEBuddy doesn't know what to do with it so never shows up in the regular libary.  But in the Server WMC folder obviously left with legacy deleted files.  Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...
jriker1

Side questions:

1. There is no way to DIRECTLY use Emby with Ceton tuners right?

2. When recording a show directly in Emby.  Say we are 20 minutes into recording an hour show.  So I click on that show thru the guide and start watching.  Are you then able to back up to those first 20 minutes or is it not that smart?

No direct support yet but it's planned for the future, however in 4.7 you can still use the serverwmc plugin to provide tuner support for it.

And yes you can ff and rew through recordings.

Spaceboy

not quite what was asked though.

21 hours ago, jriker1 said:

2. When recording a show directly in Emby.  Say we are 20 minutes into recording an hour show.  So I click on that show thru the guide and start watching.  Are you then able to back up to those first 20 minutes or is it not that smart?

no, if you start watching the live stream from the guide you cannot rewind that. when you click on a program that is already recording in the guide you can choose to start either the recording or the live stream though