• Developers
  • 1165 posts
  • Local time: 05:32 PM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

hey @pelfed

We'll get yo sorted out! :-D

Lets diagnose!:

1) Have you registered the plugin?

2) Are you and active supporter with a supporter key installed on your MB3 Server?

3) Have you ran the scheduled task within the MB3 Server?

4) Have you configured the Theme Video Backdrops Plugin via the MediaBrowser Configurator to play "Theme Backdrops"?

5) Do you have a "theme.mp3" in the route of your Arrow Season folder?

Cheers, Radeon :-D

#22 pelfed OFFLINE  

pelfed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for the reply -  I managed to get it working.... I didn't realise (and its not clear) I had to go into the configurator within Windows 7 and not by the MBC plugin configuration.

Once in the configurator I needed to add the "theme backdrops".

However (I've paid $3 and I am supporter), it seems to download only Arrow Tv Series theme and nothing else that I have.  I've re-run the scheduled task a few times.

Where does it download the themes mp3's from?

#23 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1165 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for the reply -  I managed to get it working.... I didn't realise (and its not clear) I had to go into the configurator within Windows 7 and not by the MBC plugin configuration.

Once in the configurator I needed to add the "theme backdrops".

However (I've paid $3 and I am supporter), it seems to download only Arrow Tv Series theme and nothing else that I have.  I've re-run the scheduled task a few times.

Where does it download the themes mp3's from?

Cool!

Try giving the server a reboot to make sure the licence gets accepted then re run the scheduled task.

All themes come from televisiontunes.com

#24 pelfed OFFLINE  

pelfed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

Cool!

Try giving the server a reboot to make sure the licence gets accepted then re run the scheduled task.

All themes come from televisiontunes.com

Thanks

Re starting did the trick.

One thing I have noticed... It doesn't appear to support nested TV series?

As an example:  I have "Star Trek" in my TV Collection and inside this folder I have all the Star Trek TV series (DS9, TNG Voyager etc).

However it only seems to collect for Star Trek Original Series and it acutally downloads to the correct sub folder, but none of the other Star trek TV series are downloaded?

#25 lolwut OFFLINE  

lolwut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Local time: 04:32 PM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

MBT fails to play hidden theme.mp3s?

right now they are the only metadata that I cant hide in the folders.

#26 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1165 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

MBT fails to play hidden theme.mp3s?

right now they are the only metadata that I cant hide in the folders.

Hey @lolwut,

I'm a little lost? Are you saying there is a problem with my plugin? My plugin downloads the theme.mp3 but doesnt hide them as per the requirements of MBS. MBS dictates the structure required which is why they're not hidden.

#27 lolwut OFFLINE  

lolwut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

I actually dont know MBT, MBS or the plugin that is causing this behaviour.
I have a lot of metadata there xmls, pictures, theme videos ..etc, and when I browse my folder structure manually, I only want to see actual tv or movie videos.
That is why all those are hidden, and MBT, MBS handles them correctly today, WMC and MBC handled them correctly in the past, except theme.mp3s, dont know why but when they are hidden, they are not recognized...
BTW, I am aware your plugin only downloads and manages them, and do not interfere how clients handle them (i have custom theme mp3s and they have the same problem),
So hmm, should I have posted on MBS or MBT forum ? since its related to theme.mp3 s only, I thought this the right place to post this issue.

#28 lolwut OFFLINE  

lolwut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

Hey @lolwut,

I'm a little lost? Are you saying there is a problem with my plugin? My plugin downloads the theme.mp3 but doesnt hide them as per the requirements of MBS. MBS dictates the structure required which is why they're not hidden.

BTW, I am not saying your plugin should hide them or not, it is my choice to hide all my metadata.

#29 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1165 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:03 AM

I actually dont know MBT, MBS or the plugin that is causing this behaviour.
I have a lot of metadata there xmls, pictures, theme videos ..etc, and when I browse my folder structure manually, I only want to see actual tv or movie videos.
That is why all those are hidden, and MBT, MBS handles them correctly today, WMC and MBC handled them correctly in the past, except theme.mp3s, dont know why but when they are hidden, they are not recognized...
BTW, I am aware your plugin only downloads and manages them, and do not interfere how clients handle them (i have custom theme mp3s and they have the same problem),
So hmm, should I have posted on MBS or MBT forum ? since its related to theme.mp3 s only, I thought this the right place to post this issue.

Right, i see, Yeah, this is a MBS question as that's the one doing the detecting. This thread is for those problems related to the actual download/normalisation of the media. :-D

Its more of a feature request than anything else. If it does change, ill just have to update my tool to hide the themes in future. :-D

Edited by radeon, 08 March 2014 - 04:04 AM.

#30 xoxys OFFLINE  

xoxys

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Hi,

first great Plugin thanks :-)

Now my question:

What is the download source for the theme songs? Is t a service like thetvdb.com?

The "problem" is the plugin doesn't download songs for german series like Stromberg. Do you have any solution for this?

Thanks for your work

#31 rumred85 OFFLINE  

rumred85

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 11:32 AM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

First, thank you for making an amazing plugin.  It is really cool having the music play when browsing the shows.

Is there a way to figure out why the plugin is not downloading music for some tv shows?  As an example on of the shows I have is The King of Queens which has a series.xml file but for whatever reason the theme.mp3 is not downloading.  This is happening for several shows that I am certain there is theme mp3s available but I am at a loss as to why they are not downloading..

#32 mangis OFFLINE  

mangis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Local time: 12:32 AM
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:23 AM

Hi

Was wanting to try this out and see how it goes and what it's like before purchasing but when I go to the plugin section to install it there is a message saying that the trial period for the feature has expired. Reading the description it seems the limitation on the plugin was that it would only do shows starting with A and not on a time basis.

Has this changed ?

#33 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1165 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:10 AM

Hi

Was wanting to try this out and see how it goes and what it's like before purchasing but when I go to the plugin section to install it there is a message saying that the trial period for the feature has expired. Reading the description it seems the limitation on the plugin was that it would only do shows starting with A and not on a time basis.

Has this changed ?

I cant seem to find the page on the plugin catalog but it used to state that All premium plug-ins have 14-day trial periods.That's all controlled by the licence infrastructure MB supplies to the plugin developers. However, at the very start, I added the additional limit to only download shows beginning with A because a trial mode on this sort of plugin with unlimited use for the first 14 days is a little bit pointless as and given user, would install, download everything then not need to use again.

That said, I'm pretty sure that the trial period only starts once the plugin has been installed. So assuming you installed it and ran the scheduled task or let it run itself at 2am, it would have downloaded any available A shows for you.

I hope that helps!

#34 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46103 posts
  • Local time: 12:32 PM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

Trial periods start when you first install a plug-in on any particular machine and last for 14 days.

• radeon likes this

#35 farside847 OFFLINE  

farside847

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Local time: 09:32 AM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:34 PM

If it downloads the wrong song, how do I choose another song? I can download the right one manually from http://www.televisiontunes.com/, but then it wouldnt process the audio normalization right?

#36 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1165 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:59 AM

If it downloads the wrong song, how do I choose another song? I can download the right one manually from http://www.televisiontunes.com/, but then it wouldnt process the audio normalization right?

At the minute, there isnt a way/ If you have the wrong one downloading and really want it to pass through the audio normilization, renaming your show to match the right one from television tunes temporarily, running the schedule then renaming back should work. Also, if you let me know of a few examples where its wrong, ill see if i can improve the naming lookups. :-)

#37 jluce50 OFFLINE  

jluce50

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 559 posts
  • LocationOKC

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

In my case it's downloading the theme for the correct show, but it seems to be truncated. The clip is only 7 seconds long and it cuts off too early. Is there anything that can be done about that? The show is "Community".

#38 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1165 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

In my case it's downloading the theme for the correct show, but it seems to be truncated. The clip is only 7 seconds long and it cuts off too early. Is there anything that can be done about that? The show is "Community".

Hey! Give it another shot now, I've had some hosting outages due to some maintenance over the past 2 hours which may have caused it. I have just added the show to my collection to get it to download and it was absolutely fine.

let me know how you get on! :-)

• jluce50 likes this

#39 jluce50 OFFLINE  

jluce50

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 559 posts
  • LocationOKC

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

I'm not sure if this is where you're grabbing them from, but the main theme title at televisiontunes.com is only 6 seconds (which is what I was experiencing). I downloaded the one titled "Community - 30 seconds" and placed it in the series folder and it works great now.

#40 mgd0705 OFFLINE  

mgd0705

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:11 AM

Won't download any files (mp3)  I'm using the lastest Server Version 3.0.5445.5  Any help I Thank You!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Theme Music, TV, Theme Songs, Songs, Plugin, Radeon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users