TV Theme Music Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Ghost1979

After forking out for the premier and paying for the app I find it poor that the app makers don't publicise this. 

radeon

After forking out for the premier and paying for the app I find it poor that the app makers don't publicise this.

I can appreciate what you're saying however it's perhaps a little misdirected. My plugins simply download the data and put it in the right place for emby server to pick it up, that's it. They don't impact at all on playback or add any additional functionality to emby. Consider them as metadata downloaders and if they're doing that then they're doing their job.

You can manually place theme media files within your collection to see what functionality it brings to the clients you're using. Even if you just place one or two random videos or MP3 then you would be able to see the functionality my plugins bring. Sorry it's perhaps not the answer you're after but I'd suggest going to the support thread of the client you're using and posting for help there.

Ghost1979

I appreciate that your app is working for some people and not others. I also appreciate that it is the fault of Emby that it doesn't bring the info across but it doesn't help me I'm afraid. 

Knowing how well the Apple TV is supported (whoever's fault it is) I am not holding my breathe for a solution. Would you be able to arrange for a refund as the app is totally useless for me? I will also be contact Emby to get a refund on the premier as the whole reason I bought both packages was to have the TV themes working for me...which it doesn't.

Thanks for your quick response. 

jsc1205

Exactly how do you add a show to the plugin to add the theme song?  Also, after a theme is deleted, how do you add it back again?  In the plugin settings there is no "+" or "-" so not sure what I'm missing.

radeon

Exactly how do you add a show to the plugin to add the theme song?  Also, after a theme is deleted, how do you add it back again?  In the plugin settings there is no "+" or "-" so not sure what I'm missing.

The plugin works mainly on a scheduled task. Once you run the task, it will attempt to download any missing theme items. You don't have to manually add shows to the plugin to get it to download them

Ghost1979

So I'm guessing that's a no for a refund then!!!

I had the software for 1 day learned that it is useless for me and asked nicely for a refund. No good will gestures from you then......Enjoy my £8

radeon

So I'm guessing that's a no for a refund then!!!

I had the software for 1 day learned that it is useless for me and asked nicely for a refund. No good will gestures from you then......Enjoy my £8

So you you've used my plugins and they have done exactly as they're supposed to. You didn't have to purchase them to test what functionality theme media would bring to your setup and yet you did. No-one forced you. You now have downloads of all of the theme media that the plugin brings and yet I'm at fault?

• Like 1

Ghost1979

Yep my mistake... a mistake that I'm sure other Apple TV users will make. Hopefully they see this thread before buying....Like I mentioned, "a good will gesture". 

Good luck in your future endeavours. 

radeon

Yep my mistake... a mistake that I'm sure other Apple TV users will make. Hopefully they see this thread before buying....Like I mentioned, "a good will gesture".

Good luck in your future endeavours.

I get what you're saying but it doesn't quite work like that. The theme media is the tangible part of the plugins. Ultimately, once you have run the plugins and got them to download the theme media then they're in the most part done unless new movies or TV shows are added to your collection. So you're at that point and have confirmed my plugins have done what they were supposed to do.

It'd be like going into restaurants, buying a steak, eating the steak then saying, oh sorry, I made a mistake because it didn't make me feel the way I wanted it to, then ask for your money back? Going one better, a restaurant where they enable you to taste the steak at the start before you place your order.

If I give you a refund, you've still eaten the steak.

If I give you a refund, how do I then respond to all of those floods of people who do the same then just tell me they made a mistake?

Ghost1979

Whatever makes you feel better. The analogy isn't quite the same.

More accurately would be that I have plastic forks at your restaurant which means that I can't eat my steak. Your response is, "well I've done my bit. You've ordered your steak, you have your steak.....just because you can't eat it isn't my fault." All is true, I should have checked I had the correct cutlery.

Unfortunately I didn't check and yes that's on me hence the goodwill gesture request. But that is fine, like you said, you've done your bit. 

Maybe in future just put a a sentence in there to say this does not work with Apple TV to help other people not make the same mistake....or don't, non of my business

radeon

Whatever makes you feel better. The analogy isn't quite the same.

More accurately would be that I have plastic forks at your restaurant which means that I can't eat my steak. Your response is, "well I've done my bit. You've ordered your steak, you have your steak.....just because you can't eat it isn't my fault." All is true, I should have checked I had the correct cutlery.

Unfortunately I didn't check and yes that's on me hence the goodwill gesture request. But that is fine, like you said, you've done your bit. 

Maybe in future just put a a sentence in there to say this does not work with Apple TV to help other people not make the same mistake....or don't, non of my business

It is the same. You still don't understand my plugins. My plugins don't "work" with any of the clients, they don't enable or disable any functionality. They have zero impact on what the clients can or can't do. They simply provide theme media to the emby server. If they have done that then they are doing what they are supposed to. 

Like I say, good will gestures to anyone opens me up to a world of issues. 

Your last sentence says to me you still don't understand the purpose of my plugins and what impact they have. 

• Like 1

Ghost1979

"Your last sentence says to me you still don't understand the purpose of my plugins and what impact they have." For the record I do now understand how your plugin works.

Funnily enough sometimes people make mistakes, they make wrong assumptions. That's why on lot's of different products they have a please note section. Sometimes these sections point out the obvious (playstation not included in this £5 product) I only made a suggestion that you could help your potential customers not make the same mistake I have. Maybe I am the only one stupid enough to make this mistake.

Let me take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that my stupidity has caused. I won't bother you any longer.....good look in your future ventures

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there a possibility to lower the volume of all my themes ? they are pretty loud to be honest. i would like them, to be like 30-50% of my regular tv sound.

Spaceboy

Is there a possibility to lower the volume of all my themes ? they are pretty loud to be honest. i would like them, to be like 30-50% of my regular tv sound.

yes, there’s an option in the plugin config page

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 10:16 AM, Spaceboy said:
On 6/3/2020 at 3:33 AM, Chro said:

yes, there’s an option in the plugin config page

But its sadly not working like it should.

I tried going from -15 to -30 then to -100 and even put in on 0. 

But it always sounds the same. 

Edited by Chro

• 1 month later...
quarry72

Hi,

I've just purchased the plugin pack and I don't know how to use it. I've received an email with a licence key, where do I need to enter it ?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but I don't know what !

Thanks,

radeon
5 hours ago, quarry72 said:

Hi,

I've just purchased the plugin pack and I don't know how to use it. I've received an email with a licence key, where do I need to enter it ?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but I don't know what !

Thanks,

Heya! As it's a licence based query I've dropped you a pm. 

Figment123456

Just bought it. I set up to scan every time application is started but so far it doesn't start downloading anything. Even if I force start nothing is downloaded. Only downloaded 1 show which it did during free trial.

Figment123456
16 minutes ago, Figment123456 said:

Just bought it. I set up to scan every time application is started but so far it doesn't start downloading anything. Even if I force start nothing is downloaded. Only downloaded 1 show which it did during free trial.

So it downloaded an A show but nothing else, so the plug-in works but doesn't seem to go beyond free trail despite purchasing it.

apillayza

I'm in the same boat as @Figment123456 - I bought the whole plugin pack, received an email with the license key, but nothing downloads.
If I run the tasks, they stop instantly.

I just tried restarting, uninstalling & reinstalling all the plugins, but that hasn't helped.
The plugin did download a theme for my single A show during the trial, but nothing has changed since the purchase.

Edited by apillayza
Added more info

apillayza

Nevermind. It turns out this was a licensing issue on the Emby side.

I use a separate email for financial accounts like paypal & don't use that account for other sites.
So the email addresses in my emby & paypal accounts were mismatched.
I had a premier sunscription on 1email  account, but had bought the plugin on the paypal account.

I get that this automatic matching streamlines the licensing process but don't see why there's no option to override this in the paypal purchase, nor any mention that this auto-matching is being done.

Anyway, I put the premier key from the paypal email into emby & all seems to work now.
If I put that email into the "Forgot key" box in emby server, the email I get says the subscription has expired, but emby server accepts the key as a vaild premier subscription.
I guess they are doing some automatic linking that the email address does have a valid subscription albeit on another account.

I'll just wait until the subscription period is over & move my subscription to the paypal account.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback on this.  We're also glad you got this figured out and have your Premiere working!

Thanks

David Patt

Hello, purchuased complete pack. Restarted server multiple times. When i run plugin in log it says i am in trial mode. License number is the same.

EDIT (4 hours later) : It just start works now. It just need some time i guess.

Edited by David Patt

radeon
15 hours ago, David Patt said:

Hello, purchuased complete pack. Restarted server multiple times. When i run plugin in log it says i am in trial mode. License number is the same.

EDIT (4 hours later) : It just start works now. It just need some time i guess.

Yup! The emby licence stuff seems to be much slower to go through these days. Glad you're up and running ok now tho. :)