TV Theme Music Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Commerzpunk

Thanks for your answer.

Maybe my question wasnt exact enough, i try again:

I have downloaded all 4 Plugins and i am in trial periode for now 12 more days.

Not even one theme is downloaded, even i got a few movies and a few series starting with the later "A". I dont own a premiere membeship.

What am i doing wrong?

CarlosLima

Hi, I'm emby premiere and I installed your plugin. It did not work. Do I need to buy a license to work?

Commerzpunk

You'll need to purchase emby premiere, and then to purchase the plugins. Thanks.

??? I cant understand that.

In the plugin description from the plugin catalg it says:

Due to the nature of this plugin, a trial is offered which only downloads shows beginning with the letter A. Registering will give complete download of all available

This plugin will require an active Emby Premiere subscription in order to purchase after the 14 day free trial.

So what exactly can i examine in my "free trial"?

• Like 1

CarlosLima

You also need to purchase the plugin from Radeon.

Thanks for answering.

The developer has sinned by failing to display the themes of the series indicated as downloaded (letter A), because in this way it is not possible to confirm if the plugin is functional.

I uninstalled and will be pasting the theme.mp3 file manually, since I have all in the folders, created by Kodi.

CarlosLima

??? I cant understand that.

In the plugin description from the plugin catalg it says:

Due to the nature of this plugin, a trial is offered which only downloads shows beginning with the letter A. Registering will give complete download of all available

This plugin will require an active Emby Premiere subscription in order to purchase after the 14 day free trial.

So what exactly can i examine in my "free trial"?

You're right and the answer is NOTHING.

madetomac

You're right and the answer is NOTHING.

What are you looking for here? The developer clearly stated that in trial mode you will only be able to download the theme for shows beginning with the letter 'A'. If you do not have any shows beginning with the letter 'A' then you could try and spoof it (to test) by changing the metadata to a show that does and see if the plugin works. He could not give you the full range of the alphabet because the theme download only occurs once so in the trial you would receive the entire benefit at no cost. 

Also, you need a premiere subscription because that is how your registration for the plugin is connected. How else would the developer be able to track and assist users with a plugin that has no connection to a user database? Otherwise one person could feasibly purchase it and just pass their plugin to others via p2p sites and such. 

I'm not attacking you guys but you seem to have missed some logical points here. This is a great community full of help and awesome development. 

Commerzpunk

What are you looking for here? The developer clearly stated that in trial mode you will only be able to download the theme for shows beginning with the letter 'A'. If you do not have any shows beginning with the letter 'A' then you could try and spoof it (to test) by changing the metadata to a show that does and see if the plugin works. He could not give you the full range of the alphabet because the theme download only occurs once so in the trial you would receive the entire benefit at no cost. 

Also, you need a premiere subscription because that is how your registration for the plugin is connected. How else would the developer be able to track and assist users with a plugin that has no connection to a user database? Otherwise one person could feasibly purchase it and just pass their plugin to others via p2p sites and such. 

I'm not attacking you guys but you seem to have missed some logical points here. This is a great community full of help and awesome development. 

Sorry, i still cant understand.

Here are the facts again:

I dont have a premiere subscription. But i am thinking about it to be honest.

I do have some TV shows and some movies starting with the letter "A".

And i like to have a trial, and as i understand thats possible.

In your answer both things are mixed up. You tell that the developer clearly stated only "A" is downloaded, which is totally fine for my in a trial.

On the other side you say that i will need premiere to connect my registration for the plugin, which is totally fine for me too after the trial and when i decide to purchase the plugin AND premiere.

So, finally, can i try this plugin (with only "A") without having a premiere subsciption while trying? 

madetomac

Hey, I get it: You want to be able to test the plugin without also purchasing a trial/month subscription 

I was in the boat a few months ago. I thought to myself, "Why the hell would I pay for a trial subscription just to test a plugin that has a free trial?" And then I read the reviews and started re-thinking. It's $5.00 for 1 month, you can cancel at anytime. The fact that the plugin is tied to the premiere feature could have many different reasons but at the end of the day this is how it's setup. The developers have worked hard on their product and they want to make sure their time and effort is rewarded. 

Again, I get it. But if they had no way of connecting your trial back to a subscription/account then what is to stop someone from gaining access to the trial plugin (which they downloaded for free), modifying the code to give them access to all the themes, and then sharing it with everyone else for free?

I don't know if they can offer you a free premiere trial or not but one thing I love about Emby is that I don't have to sign up or register for anything if I don't want to. I can use the basic features of this product without anyone ever knowing other than myself and anyone I may give access to. But after seeing what it is fully capable of I bit the bullet and tried it for a month. Now I'm hooked. Just try it for a month, best $5 you'll spend in a while. 

Commerzpunk

Hey, I get it: You want to be able to test the plugin without also purchasing a trial/month subscription 

[...]

Thanks for your explanation, I really dont wanna be an idiot or bad ass.

The whole question is not about what i want to be able to. I dont make the rules here. ;-) Its just about what the developer and emby team officially  give as a statement.

But just read the text that is shown in the plugin description:

-----

-----

Clear as clear can be. Free trial, premiere is required after that. And that is simply not true and misleading.

Just change the text to be clear for future users or call it a donation instead of try and buy.

I'm still getting the "Trial" error in the logs. I have done multiple restarts of Emby after paying for the plug-ins. Please assist.

2018-11-14 15:12:06.389 Info App: Theme Songs Registration Status - Registered: False In trial: True Expiration Date: 11/27/2018 12:00:00 AM Is Valid: True
2018-11-14 15:12:06.458 Info App: Theme Songs - Trial Mode - During the trial, only shows with the name beginning with the letter 'A' will be downloaded. Please register for all names to be processed
2018-11-14 15:12:06.458 Info App: Theme Songs - Trial Mode - During the trial, only shows with the name beginning with the letter 'A' will be downloaded. Please register for all names to be processed

radeon

You'll need an active premier sub for even the trial to work. I'm not looking to change this any time soon. if anything I may even just remove the trial altogether. You can see the functionality these plugins bring by manually placing you're own file in the relevant place required by the emby server so I don't think a trial is actually required anymore. 

I've been around here long enough and been loyal enough to not abandon the project so it's safe to assume the plugins work and in the rare case you come up against a problem, I'll always do my best to sort it. 

I'm guessing its a language thing but to say I have "sinned" is a little strong! 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
sooprr8

I had to do a reinstall of my server and it thinks my keys for the 4 pack are no longer valid. 

Purchase date was Nov 25, 2014

Description Unit price Qty Amount MB3 Theme Media 4 Pack
Item# 1 £8.00 GBP 1

£8.00 GBP

Thanks,

Stokkes

@@radeon Just registered, not sure if it takes time before it activates? It's been about an hour, logs still show I'm on trial and I have a lifetime Emby Premier sub. Tried restarting the server, no joy there either.

Anything else I can do?

Cheers

jburgess

@@radeon

I have a premier membership. 

I went to your site and paid the for the Theme Pack. 

In order to use the theme pack, be sure to use the following supporter key within your Emby Server installation:

Where is that Licence Key going?

Also, I have installed the plugin and nothing...

radeon

@@radeon Just registered, not sure if it takes time before it activates? It's been about an hour, logs still show I'm on trial and I have a lifetime Emby Premier sub. Tried restarting the server, no joy there either.

Anything else I can do?

Cheers

Hey, is this one sorted now? I've not, drop me your details with your emby premier email and the details you used to buy my plugins and I'll be able to take a look 

@@radeon

I have a premier membership. 

I went to your site and paid the for the Theme Pack. 

In order to use the theme pack, be sure to use the following supporter key within your Emby Server installation:

Where is that Licence Key going?

Also, I have installed the plugin and nothing...

Thats just your emby premier key so if you have it installed then you're all set? When you say "nothing"? how do you mean? Have you run the scheduled tasks? 

tattoomees

i have full movie video/music tv/video/music package purchased after i upgraded to 4.0.2 scheduled tasks and plugins are gone . how i can fix it ?

there is no scheduled tasks

Edited by tattoomees

clarkss12

I purchased and installed your 4 pack, but downloads are not working.  Per your request, I went to the scheduled task section and clicked on the refresh, but it says that it ran a second ago.  How do I know it is downloading any files????

I had purchased the 4 pack 4 years ago, but never got it to download any theme songs, or anything else for that matter.  I had to create  some of the Theme songs my self, and added to the TV series folder, those are the only ones that have played.

thanks.

post-38990-0-90450100-1547664121_thumb.jpg