Emby on QNAP doesn't work outside my local network

kallism

kallism

Hi, 

Emby works  perfectly fine in my local network, however, I cannot access it outside my local network. 

I have enabled remote access on EMBY, however, for some reason the problem persists.

Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I have tried disabling the windows firewall just to check if this is causing the problem, but I am still unable to access emby on my QNAP outside my local network.

Thank you.

Regards,

Michalis

Edited by kallism

10 hours ago, kallism said:

I tried my Connect App.empy media:

HI, can you try doing a manual connection by clicking the button to enter a server address manually?

kallism

Hi,

i managed to make it work by port forwarding. Is that the way it supposed to work?

i also have plex and was not required to do any port forwarding to make my library accesible from outside my network.

Happy2Play

Yes port forwarding is required either via UPNP or manually.  Pretty sure the other guys are the exact same way.

• 1 month later...
BossC

Hi

I am having an issue and have combed the forum for an answer.  I'm at work now so have limited access to Emby BUT, I was trying to allow my daughter online access to my server. I sent her my WAN IP and she can see the TV stuff but when she attempts to pay a stream she gets the "Your account has exceeded the maximum streaming limit set by..." message.  i can log in from here (outside of network) and see/play all but she cannot (I've logged in as her and can see but not stream) she was set to 1 but after the failure I set her to unlimited.

What have I set incorrectly?

3 hours ago, BossC said:

Hi

I am having an issue and have combed the forum for an answer.  I'm at work now so have limited access to Emby BUT, I was trying to allow my daughter online access to my server. I sent her my WAN IP and she can see the TV stuff but when she attempts to pay a stream she gets the "Your account has exceeded the maximum streaming limit set by..." message.  i can log in from here (outside of network) and see/play all but she cannot (I've logged in as her and can see but not stream) she was set to 1 but after the failure I set her to unlimited.

What have I set incorrectly?

HI, please email billingsupport@emby.media. Thanks !

3 minutes ago, BossC said:

Am I to assume that my lack of premiere is the reason?

Yes but it sounds like you got the wrong message. What TV and what Emby app version on the TV is it?

39 minutes ago, BossC said:

She has a non-smart TV with a (2nd Gen?) Chromecast and is casting from her Android phone.

What was she trying to play?

On 5/5/2022 at 1:42 AM, BossC said:

An mkv (3Gb) of a TV show episode.

Did you previously have Emby Premiere?

BossC

I think I sorted the original issue. I had restricted times set (so the NAS wouldn't be "chattering" at night), but I had the times transposed.

Further issue is, that she cannot cast, only screen-mirror, because the system is only offering her previously connected devices from inside our house and will not look for her Chromecast. I have suggested Emby Connect.

Edited by BossC
More info, typo's

On 5/7/2022 at 2:59 AM, BossC said:

I think I sorted the original issue. I had restricted times set (so the NAS wouldn't be "chattering" at night), but I had the times transposed.

Further issue is, that she cannot cast, only screen-mirror, because the system is only offering her previously connected devices from inside our house and will not look for her Chromecast. I have suggested Emby Connect.

Let us know how that goes. Thanks.

43 minutes ago, BossC said:

Emby Connect has enabled her to cast, cheers.

Thanks for the feedback !