Blank screen during playback, using external video player sorta works

gene0915

gene0915
8 minutes ago, ebr said:

Okay, that is the standard Android app.  It does not have this setting.

Is that the new version that will be on the Play store soon and all TVs will migrate to?

• 4 weeks later...
sean89us

Would like to add that I am having similar issues with Emby for Android TV 2.0.70g on my Hisense U7G TV. When I try to open a video it just sits there, paused on whatever frame it started from. Downgrading to 2.0.48g has solved my issues and I am having no playback problems with it. Worth noting that I have no issues with 2.0.70g on my NVIDIA Shield pro, only the Hisense TV.

Edited by sean89us

gene0915
12 hours ago, sean89us said:

Would like to add that I am having similar issues with Emby for Android TV 2.0.70g on my Hisense U7G TV. When I try to open a video it just sits there, paused on whatever frame it started from. Downgrading to 2.0.48g has solved my issues and I am having no playback problems with it. Worth noting that I have no issues with 2.0.70g on my NVIDIA Shield pro, only the Hisense TV.

Same video file that I was referencing? So far, this is the only video I've ran across with this problem. As of now, I still have no way of playing it in Emby.

sean89us
54 minutes ago, gene0915 said:

Same video file that I was referencing? So far, this is the only video I've ran across with this problem. As of now, I still have no way of playing it in Emby.

No, literally any video files on my server have this behavior. 

30 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you try this again with the latest version? Thanks.

Hey Luke, thanks for the suggestion. I wasn’t exactly expecting the android version to work well on a TV, but it seems to work almost identical. Using Emby for Android 3.2.47 I don’t seem to be having any playback issues!

3 hours ago, sean89us said:

No, literally any video files on my server have this behavior. 

Hey Luke, thanks for the suggestion. I wasn’t exactly expecting the android version to work well on a TV, but it seems to work almost identical. Using Emby for Android 3.2.47 I don’t seem to be having any playback issues!

Thanks for the feedback.

Toxicedge
22 hours ago, sean89us said:

I would like to confirm that I also have a Hisense U7G TV and had the same issue with 2.0.70g and once I downgraded to 2.0.48g the problem is now gone 

Toxicedge
35 minutes ago, Toxicedge said:

I would like to confirm that I also have a Hisense U7G TV and had the same issue with 2.0.70g and once I downgraded to 2.0.48g the problem is now gone 

Sorry spoke too soon still have the same issue unless i select downgrade to stereo audio 

Toxicedge
56 minutes ago, Luke said:

@Toxicedge can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and let us know how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Tried that same result seems to be an issue with emby and the Hisense tv's decided to try Plex to see if it would do the same thing but it plays all files fine direct play. Seems to be mostly files that have aac audio 

3 minutes ago, Toxicedge said:

Tried that same result seems to be an issue with emby and the Hisense tv's decided to try Plex to see if it would do the same thing but it plays all files fine direct play. Seems to be mostly files that have aac audio 

What version number did you try?

Toxicedge
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

What version number did you try?

Whatever the latest version is 3.2.47 I believe 

jh30uk

I am having the same issue on my 2017 Shield since the update, and I found out the audio setting was not on Stereo and had changed itself and it is set to normally stereo as the TV I use is connected to stereo speakers (Pioneer plasma).

It was not just a black screen the video does not progress (stays at 00:00:00) along the timeline but I can view the chapter thumbs.

Seems fixed now for me after changing it back to stereo but this will affect others that do not want it set to stereo.

Edited by jh30uk

15 hours ago, jh30uk said:

Seems fixed now for me after changing it back to stereo but this will affect others that do not want it set to stereo.

Hi.  I think the only time this is an issue is your specific situation - feeding bitstreamed audio to a stereo setup.  The past releases automatically selected mix down to stereo in that case.

• 2 weeks later...
gene0915
On 5/17/2022 at 1:36 PM, Luke said:

Have your questions been answered?

Kind of. On my Hisense TV, setting the audio option to stereo did indeed fix it (using the old version of the Android app) but doing that on the Shield made no difference....playback of those episodes is still screwed up.

But if that new version of the Android app comes to the Hisense, looks like that audio option is no longer available and I'll be back to square 1.