'Full screen' feature

jlj1950
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

jlj1950

The web browser app has a tile bar/menu b ar across the top. These can be distracting when viewing the Emby home webpage.

Some apps, especially thos that play videos, e.g. YouTube, DailyMotion, etc., will give the option to expand the viewscreen and remove any spurious and extraneous content along the way.

I think this would improve the Emby web experience, if feasible.

Thanks.

jlj1950
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI there, have you noticed the fullscreen button during video playback?

No, I haven't.
What I do see is, from left to right on the right corner:

Emby Premiere promo button
Rectanular 'TV' destination icon, similar to the Apple icon
A magnifying glass for the Search function
A human head silouette for the Profile function
A gear for the Settings function.

I don't see the usual square's corners, or diagonal two ended arrow icon, for full screen expansion.

Oh, I understand, now. Your talking about playback full screen. I'm talking about the browser web app going full screen.

There's a series of tab across the top. Then there's the URL box. Then the row of favorite links icons.

The appearance would be improved if those could be hidden.

Edited by jlj1950

There is a fullscreen button during video playback. Any other time you can double click the header or use the browser function to toggle fullscreen mode.

jlj1950
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

There is a fullscreen button during video playback. Any other time you can double click the header or use the browser function to toggle fullscreen mode.

That does not remove the aforementioned browser features. The same effect is had by clickking the square icon between the 'X' and '--' icons in the upper right hand corner.

• Solution
GrimReaper

As said:

11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Any other time you can double click the header or use the browser function to toggle fullscreen mode.

Double-click somewhere in the blank area abt. 0.5-1cm from upper display area edge, below Favorites bar, somewhere in the middle width-wise . Alternatively, AFAIK all browsers support full-screen keyboard shortcut, try F11. 

jlj1950
20 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

As said:

Double-click somewhere in the blank area abt. 0.5-1cm from upper display area edge, below Favorites bar, somewhere in the middle width-wise . Alternatively, AFAIK all browsers support full-screen keyboard shortcut, try F11. 

I've been clicking on the wrong places.

Both worked. Thanks.

• Like 1