Ability to drill down to specific genre in Music

dcruff

dcruff

Now that I have my movies organized how I want them, I'm ripping all of my music CD's.  I know that there is a genre filter but not the ability to search for everything except a specific genre.

I have ripped lots of popular music, all of the way back to the 60's.  But I have also ripped lots of Christmas music, Christian music, and Classical music that I don't want intermingles with all of the other music.

Currently, I have those stored in their own category folders (Sunday Music, Christian Music, Classical Music) that are not listed in the search directories.

Request:  I would like to click on the Music Icon and have the option of seeing these folders, separate from the other libraries - nested under Music.  I know that I could add another category to the main screen, but that screen is getting quite full/busy (Movies, Collections, Series, Kids Shows, Exercise, Music Concerts, Trailers, Misc.)

Currently, I have those stored in their own category folders (Sunday Music, Christian Music, Classical Music) that are not listed in the search directories.

Hi, how did you setup the music library in Emby library setup?

dcruff

I ripped them using the defaults in Windows Media Player and stored them in a folder "Music" in my media library on my Unraid Server.  It works fine at letting me do all of the normal things like sorting by artist, album, and song.  I actually like to play in shuffle mode for the entire library while driving using Android-Auto in my car.  

I have stored other music (Christmas, Classical, Sunday) in folders that I don't necessarily want in the shuffle, but would like to still have access to them at the appropriate times.  Those folders have not been made active on the Emby Server yet.

Happy2Play

Depending on how you setup the library, but it is a little work sounds like you want to added each folder to a Music library and use user Access to turn specific folders on and off, but this is a per user setting.

But note you can not have a library point to parent folder and any subfolder of that folder.  Not folder organization will only be seen in Folder view improved in 4.7.

dcruff

My actual folders are not nested and can be pointed to independently.  I'd just like to add them to the Emby system without having another top level selection.

dcruff

Sorry, but now I think that I understand your question.  My Emby library setup is - 'Perfectly organized into artist\album folders, with tracks directly in the album folders'

1 hour ago, dcruff said:

Sorry, but now I think that I understand your question.  My Emby library setup is - 'Perfectly organized into artist\album folders, with tracks directly in the album folders'

And does that actually match your music folders?

dcruff
3 hours ago, Luke said:

And does that actually match your music folders?

Yes, I believe it does.  Everything in the current library seems to work as expected.  I just don't want to add the Music, Sunday, and Classical Folders yet.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dcruff said:

Yes, I believe it does.  Everything in the current library seems to work as expected.  I just don't want to add the Music, Sunday, and Classical Folders yet.

OK great, sounds like you're in good shape then.

dcruff
2 hours ago, Luke said:

OK great, sounds like you're in good shape then.

Not sure that you understand my 'Feature Request'.  I would like to have the ability to select the Music category and then be presented with a secondary level of music - Christmas, Classical, Spiritual, Etc.

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2022 at 8:28 PM, dcruff said:

Not sure that you understand my 'Feature Request'.  I would like to have the ability to select the Music category and then be presented with a secondary level of music - Christmas, Classical, Spiritual, Etc.

Hi @dcruff don't you see this in folder view in the Folders tab, or am I misunderstanding?

@Happy2Play