command strip - make it roll left to get to Settings faster

justinrh

justinrh

What do you call this row at the bottom of the player?  I'll call it the cmd strip.
image.png.2927d5eb270a1fd61bea71f403e1a3f1.png

I'd like the cursor movement to continue rolling left (from the left-most control) to the right end so I can get to those cmds (especially Settings) faster.  So if I am at the reverse button, I can click left on my Shield remote and be able to quickly get to the right end of the strip/menu.  I hate having to go down, right, right, right...  to get to those far-right cmds.  This is especially painful when trying to debug.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi, I'll have to do some testing with other mainstream apps, but is this really normal?  The counter argument is that if you're all the way to the right or left and you want to get to the other side, you can no longer just hold down the button because you could end up going too far.

justinrh

I can't say it is 'normal' for video player controls (haven't ever tried, that I can remember).  It is in other UI contexts.  The proposed counter argument may be moot because how often do users hold down the button to get to the end?  (might to get to the right end?, left probably never)  Maybe that is a 90% effective solution for my use case.