Issues with Metadata on actors

TurnerJo

TurnerJo

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with metadate images for actors, I have tried refreshing all metadata, searching for missing data and manually replacing the images but nothing seems to stick. Can anyone give any advice? I've added an image from the android app as reference but this also appears like this when using localhost

Many thanks!

EDIT: so manually refreshing metadata for each actor and ticking replace existing images works but is there a better way to do this? Refreshing all metadata from the emby server menu doesn't seem to clear it up?

Screenshot_2022-03-27-13-01-25-60_44afb15bb7fddf0c82da86f25534e5f4.jpg

Edited by TurnerJo

Happy2Play

Are you saying you see the same issue in web client as you do in the android app.  

Is the image correct when you enter the person?

Broken placeholder images usually means bad image data in the database.

Hi, try refreshing the metadata of the movie or series that the person belongs to. Please let us know if that helps. Thanks.

TurnerJo

Hello,

Yes the web client is the same

When I refresh the metadata of the movie it some times works but not for all actors. It does work if a refresh the metadata for each actor though.

Is there a way to refresh all the metadata without removing the custom images for said media as it removes that as well

40 minutes ago, TurnerJo said:

Hello,

Yes the web client is the same

When I refresh the metadata of the movie it some times works but not for all actors. It does work if a refresh the metadata for each actor though.

Is there a way to refresh all the metadata without removing the custom images for said media as it removes that as well

Occasionally that can happen as refreshing a person individually has some additional sources at it's disposal that it can use.

It doesn't necessarily mean that something's wrong. Normally the image for each actor comes attached with the movie, series, etc, and it sounds like MovieDb/Tvdb/Omdb, etc, doesn't have that for that person.

Now there's also the question of why do you have broken images in the first place and there could be any number of reasons for that such as internet image urls that are no longer available, some kind of failure when downloading them, or maybe you deleted some existing ones mistakenly. The Emby Server log from the time you tried to display them might help tell  us that.

Happy2Play

May need to see a server log when you navigate to a item with broken people images.

But @mickle026plugin may help.

image.png.e7429a3b50a8bc449f44a24fd3c4a624.png