MediaCentre, Did I miss something?

skidmarks

skidmarks

Ive been looking thru some threads and realize my version of 1.14 was really old. Think I noticed someone mention a version 2.1 (maybe), but had a dead link in that thread to get this version... I paid for the original plus plus, and noticed this was the link to the now free version. Have I been stuck for months not getting the updates due to runn7ng the original paid version?

what now concerns me is neither the mediacentre version I have and the light version that I use lately is not showing up in the roku channel store? Like I said the link I found in one thread is dead as well...

Is the mediacentre project dead? I hope not! Love the extra eye candy...

Edited by skidmarks

im85288

Hi there,

It's not dead, just currently not being updated for the time being. The channel will be updated in the official roku store in due course, unfortunately Roku decided to take a break for about 4 months and are only now starting to catch up on backlogs. The latest channel version is 2.14 and hopefully any day soon it will be updated in the roku store.

• Like 1

skidmarks

Thanks for the update!  Was scratching my head this morning trying to figure out what was going on.  Yah I've been stuck at 1.14 for some time now.  I don't think I need to say this at this point, but again Thanks for the EYE CANDY on Roku and maybe the biggest thing is the GRID view to see movie titles.  I look forward to seeing the latest version!

Edited by skidmarks
  • Like 1

im85288

It's taking ages guys, the last I heard from them was about a month ago. I think they have a massive backlog to verify first.

For those who do want the version now just PM me and I'll send you the link to 2.14. 

Cheers

im85288

I think that one is still on 1.15 or something, Roku have not updated it for a good 5 months now unfortunately.

im85288

Yes eventually, though I could not give an ETA. 

On a related note, the store version should be getting updated soon :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In Mediacentre:

Just curious, when playing movies, you click on the thumb which brings up the cover art, you click on that and it brings up the background/fanart and Play button.

Would it be possible to skip the cover art screen and go straight from clicking the thumb to the background/fanart screen?

It seems like there is a wasted setp there... or is that the way Roku needs it to be?

Also, is there a way to alter the Now Playing screen to change the look a little from this end?

It would be nice if the intitial screen come up with band info, album cover, fanart, etc, as it does now... but then to have that fade out and have just the fanart show until the next song plays... like an overlay. Don't get me wrong.... I really like, it but the info covers half of the background picture.

Edited by JDizzy

im85288

In Mediacentre:

Just curious, when playing movies, you click on the thumb which brings up the cover art, you click on that and it brings up the background/fanart and Play button.

Would it be possible to skip the cover art screen and go straight from clicking the thumb to the background/fanart screen?

It seems like there is a wasted setp there... or is that the way Roku needs it to be?

Also, is there a way to alter the Now Playing screen to change the look a little from this end?

It would be nice if the intitial screen come up with band info, album cover, fanart, etc, as it does now... but then to have that fade out and have just the fanart show until the next song plays... like an overlay. Don't get me wrong.... I really like, it but the info covers half of the background picture.

Some nice suggestions there with the fading out to full fanart...maybe in the future I'll take a look to see what can be done there.

As for skipping the cover art screen..If I understand you correctly, there is already a setting in the settings to show something like "fanart details screen" which can be disabled. This has the effect of jumping straight to the play screen (as you do when clicking for example a resumable movie from the home menu).