Connection Failure

lurch9366

lurch9366

I am using a moto g5 one ace and am getting a Connection Failure when trying to connect to my server. I am able to connect just fine on my Nvidia Shield and any web browser. This is on my internal network. Is this a know issue? I have tried clearing cash and re logging in but I am hesitant to reinstall as the app is not currently available in the play store.  

lurch9366

Further troubleshooting revels this seems to be related to emby connect? My desktop gets the same error when logging in through connect but works fine when I type in ip directly.  

lurch9366

still troubleshooting but I am able to get in with http8096 but not https 8920. related to https? 

lurch9366

correction only able to connect on web browser to http android app still not connecting even after removing server and signing out signing back in and re-adding server. 

lurch9366

well that is odd???!!! it works fine if I turn off my wifi and use mobile network forcing me to not be on my home network but it will not work when on my home network??? I guess you can call this a workaround?? Also does not work on same network if I just add server in the app with local ip instead of external url. web browser and shield work fine with local ip. I will continue to look into this but I am on the new app version 3.2.44 and do not remember this behavior on the last version.  

Edited by lurch9366

lurch9366
43 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Do you have any special characters in your email address? 

Should have replied.. I do not. I am able to log in to emby connect no problem 

1 hour ago, lurch9366 said:

well that is odd???!!! it works fine if I turn off my wifi and use mobile network forcing me to not be on my home network but it will not work when on my home network??? I guess you can call this a workaround?? Also does not work on same network if I just add server in the app with local ip instead of external url. web browser and shield work fine with local ip. I will continue to look into this but I am on the new app version 3.2.44 and do not remember this behavior on the last version.  

Maybe you have the wrong local ip?

Benit0

Hello, I am a French user and I have about the same problem. I can connect to my server via the application, only locally, if I am on the phone network, I get the error message "Erreur de connexion : Nous sommes dans l'impossibilité de nous connecter au serveur sélectionné. Veuillez vérifier qu'il est bien démarré et réessayez". On the other hand via my browser no problem, I can connect locally and externally. My mobile application is version 3.2.44, I had no problem with the previous version of the application.

lurch9366
22 hours ago, Luke said:

Maybe you have the wrong local ip?

I am using the same ip on the app as my local browser. 

lurch9366
11 hours ago, Benit0 said:

Hello, I am a French user and I have about the same problem. I can connect to my server via the application, only locally, if I am on the phone network, I get the error message "Erreur de connexion : Nous sommes dans l'impossibilité de nous connecter au serveur sélectionné. Veuillez vérifier qu'il est bien démarré et réessayez". On the other hand via my browser no problem, I can connect locally and externally. My mobile application is version 3.2.44, I had no problem with the previous version of the application.

this is opposite of my issue. You should be able to connect when on the same network. when on mobile network it requires port forwarding settings on your router setting up a tunnel into your network. 

Benit0

my port forwarding is already configured and functional, I can connect with the internet browser from the outside, it is via the mobile application that it blocks.

12 hours ago, Benit0 said:

my port forwarding is already configured and functional, I can connect with the internet browser from the outside, it is via the mobile application that it blocks.

Hi, what exactly happens when you try to connect?

lurch9366
44 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what exactly happens when you try to connect?

I get the attached error. Both with wifi on when trying to connect to http://my domain:8096 and local ip 192.168.?.?:8096.  If I turn wifi off http://my domain:8096 works fine but of course 192.168.?.?:8096 does not as expected. Please note I am not imputing the :8096 in the ip/domain line it is added by the port settings. I Have tried it both ways for fun. Both   http://my domain:8096 and local ip 192.168.?.?:8096 work from my chrome browser on my local network. 

Screenshot_20220327-141226.png

lurch9366

I don't know know what changed but it is working now on the app both on my local network over wifi and outside my home over cell network. I have not changed anything. Just opened the app today and BOOM!!!

teicang

Same problem for me, using android app on tablet as usual,  also trying to find the app in the market (to see if there is an update )  it doesn't exist anymore 😞

what happen ?

Thx

Gianni

teicang
29 minutes ago, teicang said:

Same problem for me, using android app on tablet as usual,  also trying to find the app in the market (to see if there is an update )  it doesn't exist anymore 😞

what happen ?

Thx

Gianni

quick update : Now the connection in local mode is restablished,and it works fine. BUT please check why from google market the app disappear, I have tryed form mobile phone and from tablet serching Emby but the app is not found .

I cannot test the connection from remote (I have a second server out of my local lan but at the moment I have some problem there with the internet network ).

I will test asap wjen my  network problem will be fix.

thx

4 hours ago, teicang said:

quick update : Now the connection in local mode is restablished,and it works fine. BUT please check why from google market the app disappear, I have tryed form mobile phone and from tablet serching Emby but the app is not found .

I cannot test the connection from remote (I have a second server out of my local lan but at the moment I have some problem there with the internet network ).

I will test asap wjen my  network problem will be fix.

thx

HI, we'll let you know when it is back in the store. You can follow along on that here: 

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Benit0

My problem is still there, I can't connect to the outside of the local network via the application. It was working fine before and I haven't changed anything in my configuration, just changed the application version.

On 4/6/2022 at 2:59 AM, Benit0 said:

My problem is still there, I can't connect to the outside of the local network via the application. It was working fine before and I haven't changed anything in my configuration, just changed the application version.

@Benit0 I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
Benit0

Hello @Luke, I have successfully completed all the steps. However, the external connection via the application does not work. I have an error "We're unable to connect to the selected server right now.  Please ensure it is running and try again."

2 hours ago, Benit0 said:

Hello @Luke, I have successfully completed all the steps. However, the external connection via the application does not work. I have an error "We're unable to connect to the selected server right now.  Please ensure it is running and try again."

Did you setup port forwarding in your router?