Emby Android TV app not available in Google Play Store

Jägs
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Jägs

I just purchased a Chromecast with Google TV and installed Emby on it, which was straightforward enough and connected to my server just fine.  I'd like my media to be included in the search results on the CC, so I went to enable Emby under "Searchable apps"—Settings —> Privacy —> Google Assistant —> Searchable apps—but it is not listed—only Netflix is.

I restarted the CC just incase something didn't take hold, but no joy.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?  Perhaps it's not supported yet on Google TV?

Hi.  Yes, this is supported in both of our Android apps.  You don't even see YouTube in that list?

AshranPewter

I recently encountered some issues unrelated to Emby and decided to reset my Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro Version.

It seems as if Emby for Android TV app doesn't exist. When I try to install through Play Store on device it's missing and the link is missing when I try to go to it from google search.

Is there something I might be missing?

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, gillmacca01 said:

It looks like Emby mobile is missing as well

That's what the above linked post referred to:

14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes we are looking into this and will let you know when it's back in the store. In the meantime apk's are on our website:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

gillmacca01

Sorry, only looked at the title in the post and saw it was for Android TV, so thought I would check for mobile phones as well

FrostByte

You can still sideload the apk on your Shield for either app using the link GrimReaper posted.  It's fairly easy.

AshranPewter

4 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

You can still sideload the apk on your Shield for either app using the link GrimReaper posted.  It's fairly easy.

Ya I know, i've done it many times. Just it's nice to not have to worry down the line about updates. Less things on the mind.

FrostByte

I think the store will update the apk once there is a newer version, not 100%.  

Sounds good, hopefully it gets sorted soon.

alfablac

Btw which version is the latest? Release notes say 2.0.70, the APK install 2.0.55g

Can't find any 2.0.70 on the site.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if I stuck on a old version on Android Mobile because it doesn't open in the Play Store anymore 

Edited by alfablac

AndyXH

Yes, I'm trying to install emby on my new Android TV and when i do a reach the emby app dose not show up.

22-03-25 14-39-17 7326.jpg

Edited by andreaxheli

FrostByte
59 minutes ago, alfablac said:

Btw which version is the latest? Release notes say 2.0.70, the APK install 2.0.55g

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if I stuck on a old version on Android Mobile because it doesn't open in the Play Store anymore 

ATV .70 apk is in the first post here

I believe the latest standard Android app is .44 which includes a fix for music Artist and Album Artists not showing.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/android/emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

IggyPS
7 hours ago, AshranPewter said:

Guess not the best time to reset everything... oh well.

Yeah lol. I just wanted to reinstall it to my TV after having some issues. Now the apk file doesn't show up on the TV even with all security settings allowed. I ran out of patience, so I will just wait until the app gets back on Google Play. 

clarkss12

Just received a new Google Certified device and while setting it up there is NO Emby app available on the play store.

The device is a Mecool KD3 that just came out, and uses the new Google TV interface.   

Is there something you have to do on your end to get it in the play store for this device??? For now, I will just side load it.

Thanks.....

clarkss12
13 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Both standard and ATV app are currently unavailable in Google Play. 

Thanks......... Did not know that.

Jägs

Right?  It's curious that only Netflix is there, and not even Youtube's apps.  I have a few other services—Prime, Sling, etc.—that I thought would show up, too, but nada.

Just to make sure I was not checking in the wrong place, I took this picture of my Shield TV in the same area, which is what I expected to see (attached).  I assume "Google TV" is the same—functionally speaking—as "Android TV," but I'm at a loss as to why there are no other options.

IMG_8766.png

Edited by Jägs
(switched image from HEIC to JPG)

17 hours ago, alfablac said:

Hi.  We'll get the website updated but you can get the current release APK here:

FrostByte
2 minutes ago, dmtg said:

I cannot find de emby apk in google play store, the software is removed

You will need to download the apk from one of the links above and sideload it until the devs can get it back in the store.