Emby in my Tesla

mastrmind11

• 3 months later...
legallink

Nevermind. Works to play the video but I don’t get audio. 

after some more testing:

I can connect with my direct dns, but if I go through my Tesla on app.Emby.media, it can’t access the server (however the same access pattern works fine on my phone), says “Connection Failure”)

Edited by legallink

mastrmind11

@legallinkWhat are you using to load emby?  Stock browser won't play audio. Here, this is what I do 

mastrmind11
5 minutes ago, legallink said:

@mastrmind11are you using the URL add for emby?  And for the URL, are you adding your personal emby url or app.emby?

Yeah I think I bookmarked it, but I have my own emby domain w/ nginx, etc all set up, so no not app.emby.  Was never really a fan of that one.

• 10 months later...
MikolajNi

Hi there!  I have a problem in this same situation. When I use my Model Y to play a video, I can only hear like the background sound but not the main dialogue. My guess is that tesla can't support 5.1-channel sound video? Have you encountered similar problems? But video playback is fine though.

On 6/8/2023 at 6:08 AM, MikolajNi said:

Hi there!  I have a problem in this same situation. When I use my Model Y to play a video, I can only hear like the background sound but not the main dialogue. My guess is that tesla can't support 5.1-channel sound video? Have you encountered similar problems? But video playback is fine though.

Have you tried a video with 2 channel audio to compare with?

• 2 weeks later...
MikolajNi
On 2023/6/9 at PM7点31分, Luke said:

您是否尝试过将带有 2 声道音频的视频与之进行比较?

Thanks for the reply, the video with 2-channel audio plays very smoothly and normally. After a few days of trying, I found that video files with 5.1 channel audio with Dolby or DTS sound effects often play fine as well. Only video files with 5.1AAC audio can only hear the background sound but not the main dialogue.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
dogfish182

Hi folks, just got my new Tesla, 

if I login to browser via app.emby.media the browser says ‘unable to reach server’ after successfully logging in and displaying the server. 

while otherwise loving my car, this massive screen is kinda useless for entertainment while sitting at a charger, would LOVE to get this running. Anyone had any luck? All videos and useful info in this thread seem to be dead and it’s the only result I get to via search that has anything resembling success.

mastrmind11

Scroll up, there are several choices available in 2024. The  native browser won't work, you need to redirect through another service. 

mastrmind11

I think testtube works well.  Been a while since I've tried but ultimately you need to redirect through something that tricks the tesla browser into full screen.  

adrianwi

I use the YouTube app and have created a small private video with a link to my emby server in the comments. 

CBers
9 hours ago, dogfish182 said:

just got my new Tesla

Which one?

dogfish182
10 minutes ago, CBers said:

Which one?

Model 3 highland (NL here)

I think testtube works well.  Been a while since I've tried but ultimately you need to redirect through something that tricks the tesla browser into full screen.  

Trouble for me seems to be that the actual connect to app.emby.media allows login but fails on accessing the server at all. I’ll try test tube anyway, but seems like I would need that connection via the webbrowser to work ‘at all’ right? Testtube or any other full screen service will rely on that I guess.

Edited by dogfish182
  • Like 1

dogfish182

I got this running.

1. use https://testube.app
above lets you put whatever displayed in full screen so really handy.
3. for me I would get auth errors when connecting to http://app.emby.media saying password was wrong (it wasn't) notice the http and not https, for me this was because my remote emby server needs it. Maybe the tesla browser has a security setting related unsecure websites or so. In any case, make sure you use a unique password if you have to do this for obvious reasons...
4. I could then say 'skip login' to the app.emby.media site and I could then put in the server ip directly and port number. Connecting like this would password prompt again and this WOULD work.

Seems that the browser retains my login for at least a while, but I will print myself out a card with details in case i need to retype it on the road. I tried streaming for a bit and it was rock steady and worked amazingly.

Feels like my car got an upgrade. a few minus points for tesla for not letting fullscreen be choosen on the browser though, feels all a bit silly.