Use OS3 Emby backup on OS5?

explor202

explor202

I've got another PR4100 on the way that I will probably update to OS5 and use strictly for Emby. Can I use a backup created on my current PR4100 running OS3 to get Emby up and running on the newer PR? I would prefer to not have to start from scratch 🙂

Hi, I would try it and report your experience. In theory it might work but it's not something we've tried ourselves.

explor202
1 hour ago, Luke said:

In theory it might work

Ha, not sure I want to be the Guinea Pig, but we'll see what happens!

• Thanks 1

explor202
On 3/23/2022 at 9:19 AM, Luke said:

Hi, I would try it and report your experience.

I'm happy to report that for the most part, this experiment has worked. Some settings didn't get pulled over (like Settings theme color) and I had to manually remap the paths to the external libraries stored on another NAS, but at least library names, images and watched status work as expected. I still have some further file importing to do then a bit more cleanup of paths, but overall I'm happy with the progress!

7 hours ago, explor202 said:

I'm happy to report that for the most part, this experiment has worked. Some settings didn't get pulled over (like Settings theme color) and I had to manually remap the paths to the external libraries stored on another NAS, but at least library names, images and watched status work as expected. I still have some further file importing to do then a bit more cleanup of paths, but overall I'm happy with the progress!

Thanks for the feedback !

explor202

I pretty much have everything up and running on the new WD now, but I noticed last night that my recording schedule didn't get pulled over as part of the backup. I've seen some people ask before about that, and the answer was that it might be included in a future update to the backup plugin. Was that ever done? Where is it stored in the directory for my WD PR4100? I'll use WinSCP to copy it over from the old one. Thanks!

On 3/29/2022 at 3:55 PM, explor202 said:

I pretty much have everything up and running on the new WD now, but I noticed last night that my recording schedule didn't get pulled over as part of the backup. I've seen some people ask before about that, and the answer was that it might be included in a future update to the backup plugin. Was that ever done? Where is it stored in the directory for my WD PR4100? I'll use WinSCP to copy it over from the old one. Thanks!

@explor202 not yet. The storage location of recording schedules is likely to change in upcoming updates. After that, then we'll add it to the backup plugin. 

For now you can save a copy of the

/programdata/data/livetv

folder, where programdata is the path to your server's data folder. You can see this at the top of your emby server log file. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

explor202
1 hour ago, Luke said:

@explor202 not yet. The storage location of recording schedules is likely to change in upcoming updates. After that, then we'll add it to the backup plugin. 

For now you can save a copy of the

/programdata/data/livetv

folder, where programdata is the path to your server's data folder. You can see this at the top of your emby server log file. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Thanks @Luke, I think I found what's needed here: /shares/Volume_1/emby/data/livetv. Is that correct? Inside livetv are 2 .json files with series info. I assume there's no difference in the 2 files between OS versions?

1 hour ago, explor202 said:

Thanks @Luke, I think I found what's needed here: /shares/Volume_1/emby/data/livetv. Is that correct? Inside livetv are 2 .json files with series info. I assume there's no difference in the 2 files between OS versions?

Yes that is correct.

explor202
23 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes that is correct.

Thanks and sorry, I completely forgot about checking Emby for the path!

• Thanks 1