All my music tracks are duplicated

MichaelU
Go to solution Solved by MichaelU,

MichaelU

I am using Emby for Android 3.2.43, playing music from a Synology NAS drive running Emby server, version 4.6.7.0. On the NAS drive each music track appears only once. But on my Android device, every track is duplicated. I am running a Redmi Note 9 Pro, running Android 11. 

I have deleted and reinstalled Emby Server. I have deleted and reinstalled Emby for Android. I have deleted the library and rebuilt it.

I have tried this on another smartphone, and the tracks are duplicated there as well. 

I like my music, but not so much that I want to hear every track twice. Any ideas welcome. 

Screenshot_2022-03-22-22-39-36-380_com.mb.android.jpg

MichaelU

Do you mean Emby Connect?  It looks the same on Emby Connect when I log in from my desktop PC. All the tracks are duplicated:

image.thumb.png.a0ba72ff062587f3ce9a810e1298b15b.png

Cheers 

If you use the metadata editor on some of the duplicates, do they show the same paths?

• Solution
MichaelU

Example of two duplicated tracks:

/volume1/Share/nm/Lecuona/Lecuona, La Habanera (piano music).mp3

Added 12/09/2017, 17:41

/volume1/Share/nm/Music transition Sept 2018/Music/Lecuona/Lecuona, La Habanera (piano music).mp3

Added 12/09/2017, 17:41

Ah, I see what I have done - I have copied a folder once with all the contents, and once as the folder with all the contents nested within the folder title. I've now deleted the subfolder and everything works fine! Many thanks - problem solved.