How Emby handles episodes marked as unwatched after a Trakt sync

toffee_123

toffee_123

I have tried to mark episodes as unwatched in Emby, so I can rewatch a show and get the next episode in 'continue watching'. However, as I'm using the Trakt plugin, when the plugin syncs, the unwatched status in Emby is overridden based on the Trakt play history.

There are three possible solutions to this, two of which are not preferable:

1. Remove plays from Trakt (not preferable, as this defeats one of the purposes of Trakt - keeping a record of my watches).
  2. Disable Update Trakt watched history during Scheduled Task option (not preferable, as I need to keep watches synced between Emby and Plex).
  3. Change the behaviour of Emby/the Trakt plugin, so when manually marking an item as unwatched in Emby, this is not overridden by a Trakt sync (or add an option in the Trakt plugin settings to specify how Emby will handle this situation).

Option 3 is is how Plex handles this situation, and is why I currently have to do my rewatches on Plex rather than Emby (I'm a lifetime member of both). It would be really cool if you could change this behaviour in Emby, as I've noted multiple users have also had issues with this behaviour in the past. 

Edited by toffee_123

1. Change the behaviour of Emby/the Trakt plugin, so when manually marking an item as unwatched in Emby, this is not overridden by a Trakt sync (or add an option in the Trakt plugin settings to specify how Emby will handle this situation).

Hi, I guess this is possible, yes, although generally speaking, the point of the Trakt plugin is to keep the two sides in sync with each other.