Artists not showing

AndyRG
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

AndyRG

Hi All, 

I am not sure if this is something I am doing or not but for some reason I can't seem to view artists or album artists via the android app. The only way I seem to be able to view my library is too view by album view only. I just seeing if there are any reason why this might be happening or not as seems odd that is happening.

Edited by GrimReaper
Merged Topics

BoroAndy

Hi Luke, the web app is fine and shows artists same as the TV app as well. It seems to just be on my mobile were I seem to be having the issue for some reason and can't seem to see as to why.

Bluenose

I'll chime in and say that the same thing started happening to me this evening. Android app and Roku app stopped showing both Artists and Album Artists. The web app on my server shows everything normal. Did a refresh on my music and restarted the server but no change.  

BoroAndy

Hi Luke,

Please see the attached pictures the first ones are from going into my details via the web and the seconds ones that are blank are the ones from my mobile phone.

Emby1.png

Emby2.png

Screenshot_2022-03-21-06-37-36-640_com.mb.android.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-21-06-37-17-215_com.mb.android.jpg

Edited by BoroAndy
  • Agree 1

Bluenose

As an amendment to my previous ... All 3 of my Roku EMBY apps started working properly today. Under Music, both Artists and Album Artists are displaying properly. However my (up to date)  android app and Emby Theater on both my two Win 7 HTPCs  and Win 10 workstation do not display any entries under Artists and Album Artists in the Music category,  all other categories show correctly. As well as my web interface on my Home Server display correctly. My screen shoots would look identical to the above ones.

unisoft
15 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you show screenshot examples comparing the two? Thanks.

I thought it was just me. It's artists and album artists but songs and genres show the results.

Those two top menu options yield no results despite LG app, Apple TV, fire TV apps being fine.

That's quite strange. Please attach the emby server log from when you tried to access artists. Thanks.

TanagerMusic

I'm a new Emby user and seeing this same condition on my android app. When logging in to the server with a browser all is fine.

EDIT: I restarted my Emby server which is running in a Docker container on a Synology NAS and attached the log here.

embyserver.txt

Edited by TanagerMusic

unisoft
35 minutes ago, Luke said:

That's quite strange. Please attach the emby server log from when you tried to access artists. Thanks.

Also happens for authors for audio books library. Only happened since one of the two android app updates in past couple of days. 

mihai.girba@gmail.com

Hello, 

I confirm the same problem.

Only noticed it today.

A few days ago it was working.

Samsung Android 12 here.

20 minutes ago, TanagerMusic said:

I'm a new Emby user and seeing this same condition on my android app. When logging in to the server with a browser all is fine.

EDIT: I restarted my Emby server which is running in a Docker container on a Synology NAS and attached the log here.

embyserver.txt 51.96 kB · 2 downloads

Hi, are you sure this is from when you tried to pull up artists? 

TanagerMusic

Well, there is nothing to 'pull' as there is nothing populated under  'artists', 'album artists' and 'composers'. I did try swiping under these tabs but there is no apparent response.

phuckstepp

Just want to add a plus one to this issue.

Web app working fine.

Android app on tablet and phone will not show any music artists.

Emby server running on Windows 10

• Agree 1

wordlover

After installing latest - 3.2.43 on a Pixel 5a phone as well as Samsung tablet - several views in the Music module are broken/missing. Album view works fine, but not Artist nor Album Artist:

Screenshot_20220321-225129.png

Screenshot_20220321-225125.png

Screenshot_20220321-225120.png

Edited by wordlover
  • Agree 1

T1K16OD

I have the same issue but only with the new app version 3.2.43. My other android phone is still using version 3.2.32 and Album artist, Artist, and composers shows. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

seanbuff

Already reported here:

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1

Bluenose

My Android App is still not showing Artists or Album Artists, however good news is Emby Theater on my Win 10 and Win 7 PC's started working correctly this morning. I didn't see any updates so not sure what or how that happened but Thanks. 

Maisy

EmbyWebAlbumArtists.thumb.png.6cc7be2c8103c9044004cd9507423294.png

Emby Web \Music\Album Artists\Artists\Composer fine.

Android not working right.

Screenshot_20220322-101027_Emby.thumb.png.e7c915a09616ee50dabcc6a19f6f0bdd.png

Screenshot_20220322-100906_Emby.thumb.png.c0be61e78a779714117cc88066b16e11.png

Screenshot_20220322-101037_Emby.thumb.png.ddb943e8809f8b751adb22f0db57e4a2.png

The information isn't loading on either my phone or tablet both same beta version of the emby android app 3.2.43 Samsung Note20 & Samsung S3 tab.

Edited by Maisy