EMBY THEME NETFLIX

meganitro

meganitro

I'm opening this topic for issues related to people like me who are looking for a theme or a css code that makes the emby homepage more dynamic like netflix.
I have some knowledge in html, php, mysql and css, not much but with the little I will also be trying to help our friends who, like me, are looking for a pleasant interface in emby. I come across this dilemma at home, I have netflix subscription and update emby daily, but my kids and wife still use emby because of the home screen. for this reason I look for a way of the emby system to be better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

meganitro

if there are more people like me, I can try to start with a theme here and I ask for everyone's help so that we can go without deviating from our focus to make Emby much more attractive and be the first choice of many.
I await your comments to know if it is worth in this group to proceed.

• Like 2

meganitro

yesterday I was doing the css code and I came across an obstacle, the css code that is placed on the initial screen of the emby administration only applies when emby is opened on the web, I will check now on the theme that also applies on android.
But in the meantime I would like to know if more people have the same focus as me to get an improved appearance, a little similar to net flix but with the advantages of emby which in my opinion is a great server.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi.  CSS only applies to the web interface.

What, exactly, about the Netflix interface are you wanting to mimic in Emby?

meganitro

to be similar to the original interface, but not taking away the focus with the emby logo and the rest of the libraries that I think is a very strong point of emby, live tv, dvr among others that I think is very good

meganitro

at this point i was studying to create a theme and see if it would apply well on android system.
My focus is people who have netflix and emby on android, prefer emby

meganitro

I checked the css topic but nothing is like I'm looking for, I'll give an example in images to understand.
In the image I attached, the background image would like a trailer to be passing by, if not, the image remains. this is the emby splash screen, this screen has to be in random or a movie chosen by the administrator. at the bottom where there are the most popular movies, I would like the most watched movies in the last month to appear, at the top where the emby logo is, the my media menu.

screenshot.png

• Thanks 1

visproduction

Meg,  Look at the page in Mobile using the browser inspect.  Sometimes your design choices may change.  For example, how would you show the watched movies of the month in the upper left area in mobile, when you don't have enough screen space?  With some effort using CSS, you could move sections around, but then it become less user friendly, because the mobile works differently from the desktop.  I think using up the space ontop for listings of popular videos can maybe be done with a link, rather than thumbnails.  The top space is too valuable.  

Maybe the easiest way to list watched movies of the last 30 days. 45 days 60 days... is to make a feature request to add this search result list to the home screen section.  It's a more complicated search and results will be really different for servers that have a lot of traffic compared to very little traffic.   The last watched would only show up on the home page, but I think that makes more sense than putting them on a media page, where the user is trying to see the poster and decide to watch the one movie or not.

There is a way to play trailers that works now.  There is a setup option and then you put the trailer in the right sub-folder in with the media folder.  Normally, it plays in the background for the whole screen and auto replays. CSS styles could move it to the upper right, but this setting appears to make all screen get trailers and if a menu screen has no trailer assigned, it starts getting random trailers.

Maybe this is discussed in the forum, how to stop the trailers from replaying and stop them from working in all menu screens.  At that point, I gave up and just turned it off.  Turning a trailer on with a click, requires some javascript event button and that would require additional .js files to be loaded.  So perhaps that is a plug-in  possibility.  Maybe CSS can start the video with a mouseover, but clicking is more user friendly.  The other problem, I noticed is that setting the style for the trailer playing  in the background also change the background images for all screens.  Not nice.  You really would want the trailer to have it's own div.  Can a plug in do that?  This is perhaps more of a new feature.

Finally, putting a trailer up somewhere on the page, you also should design it to work on iPad, and phones.  So where would the trailer be then?  Is it turned off?  Just clicking on the trailer button to watch a trailer pulled from Youtube, seems rather like a nice choice, the way it is.  User has control, less info is forced on the user.  I would actually vote to leave the trailer option the way it is.

Edited by visproduction

meganitro

I understood the question.
The best option for what I want would be for computer.
in some things they don't express well, I didn't understand myself after reading lol.
The question I wanted to pose was:
when opening the emby, it would bring a random movie at first and then the libraries.

21 minutes ago, meganitro said:

when opening the emby, it would bring a random movie at first and then the libraries

• 3 months later...
cassete

Ola,

Ja faz muito tempo que estou perguntando isso. Uma atualização na interface do emby, a navegação, menus etc. Seria espetacular algo parecido como Netflix, Prime, Disney, HBO etc.

Já está na hora de ter essa mudanca. O plex fez isso e ficou excelente, o vsual, porem ainda existe alguns engasgos na interface deles ao navegar. No caso do Emby, por ser muito rápido a navegar, fazer uma atualização será perfeita.... Eu ja falei, que caso isso aconteça, passarei de mensal, para vitalicio. Luke, por favor, de novo... veja o que pode ser feito para essa mudança acontecer... Marcelo/Brazil.

Edited by cassete

cassete
On 23/03/2022 at 16:42, meganitro said:

Verifiquei o tópico css mas nada é como estou procurando, vou dar um exemplo em imagens para entender.
Na imagem que anexei, a imagem de fundo gostaria que passasse um trailer, caso contrário, a imagem permanece. essa é a tela inicial do emby, essa tela tem que ser aleatória ou um filme escolhido pelo administrador. na parte inferior onde estão os filmes mais populares, gostaria que aparecessem os filmes mais assistidos no último mês, na parte superior onde está o logotipo emby, o menu minha mídia.

screenshot.png

isso mesmo,,,

GiGo

I know this might not be a perfect solution, but you could use Kodi as a front end for Emby and install the Netflix skin for Kodi, you can with some tweaking also get Netflix to work with Kodi so you can have all your media combined in one place.

Just a thought.

cassete

Ola, 

Okay, e como acho esse skin... 
ja fiz essa ligacao emby/kodi. Mas como ficaria para outros usuarios em geral, e para acesso remoto etc.

Esta atualização que estamos falando, é para todos os dispositivos que se instala o emby. Um visual mais leve, rápido, mais enxuto etc. Juntar o melhor do netflix, Pime, HBO, Disney e trazer para o emby. Quem sabe iremos ganhar isso de Natal como presente.. Estou na esperança....

Cheesegeezer

I have a new Client UI in the making, but it will take time.

click iridium in my signature to learn more 💪😉

• 5 months later...
On 3/22/2022 at 5:28 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  CSS only applies to the web interface.

What, exactly, about the Netflix interface are you wanting to mimic in Emby?

Hey @ebr i think they would be after something like this. i have tried this on kodi but couldn't get it to work but might help with everyone's ideas on this subject  

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355993

screenshot002.jpg

RZZbGVl.jpg

0pA6Q7t.jpg

Edited by ONYX MEDIA
pics add

i would also be willing to pay for this type of design myself as i do feel that the design aspect of emby is the main draw back for most people. myself included, dont get me wrong i love emby and use it daily but when trying to get others to use it they dont like the design layout and unfortunately are used to layouts like Netflix and Disney+ and sky   

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

You might be interested in this, x platform Emby client I’m working on.

5F7CA72D-2E1F-4B38-89EE-9EE803A40FC2.png.14da66128d9a15845d1ca59a0e6c3aa6.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 3

caaptusss
7 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Your work seem very cool  :) Where i can learn more about your project ?

CAPRICORNX10X
15 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Very nice!  How can I get more information from you about this?

Cheesegeezer
11 hours ago, caaptusss said:

Your work seem very cool  :) Where i can learn more about your project ?

3 hours ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Very nice!  How can I get more information from you about this?

I just started to build it, its called Iridium and can be found in the plugins section of this forum.

i think it will be released in stages. 
stage one will be Movies and Tv first then i will get onto other functionality. But its really a nod at the original MBC version on WMC. 

CAPRICORNX10X
7 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I just started to build it, its called Iridium and can be found in the plugins section of this forum.

i think it will be released in stages. 
stage one will be Movies and Tv first then i will get onto other functionality. But its really a nod at the original MBC version on WMC. 

So it hasn't been released yet?