emby.tmg invalid app package for security check failed! [-7]

b454tnd
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

b454tnd

Hello there.
I have an Samsung Q60. I had installed the version 1.1.1 without problems.
Now I had the intention to update the app. So I had to uninstall the old version and inserted the USB stick as usual. But now I receive the error:

So, at the moment I have nor the app installed nor I can install the actual version 1.2.4. Is there a solution for my problem?

Maybe, if there is no solution for this problem, can someone share with me some older version? I know that 1.1.1 had worked for me, I don't know about 1.2.3

Thank you very much.

Now I had the intention to update the app. So I had to uninstall the old version and inserted the USB stick as usual. But now I receive the error:

Hi, can you try it again?

b454tnd

Hello and thanks for the fast answer.

I have downloaded the 1.2.4 from github. Copied to USB device and extract. Then I have uninstalled the Emby app on the TV, power off and on again holding the power button pressed for more than 3 seconds.  By inserting the USB stick I still get the error message.

On 3/21/2022 at 12:41 PM, b454tnd said:

Installing an older version of the app from github (december 2020)  (I was not able to find a newer one different from the 1.2.4) the installation works perfect.

On fail, there is created an file on USB stick with following error message:

SES path not found, exit

Edited by b454tnd
correcitons + adding error message
  • Like 1

k0Lm.

Ive had this exact error on multiple installations on two of my samsung tv's and it was always fixed by running the maintenance tool within the samsung settings.

For some reason after deleting a usb installed app it tends to be moved instead of actually being removed.

If you dont have that option check if there is a direct option to clear cache and such.

When that is also not an option, try removing other apps you dont use (edit: to increase free space)

Edited by k0Lm.
  • Like 1

You may also want to make sure the system time zone and clock are set correctly on the TV. The install process might be looking at the current date.

b454tnd

Thanks again for the response.
I've tried to install the new version but still get the message. I've tried the maintenance as suggested but it had no effect.

System time zone and clock are set correctly. But I don't know how important it is, since I don't have connected the TV to the Internet (only local area network).

• Solution
FrostByte
16 minutes ago, b454tnd said:

Thanks again for the response.
I've tried to install the new version but still get the message. I've tried the maintenance as suggested but it had no effect.

System time zone and clock are set correctly. But I don't know how important it is, since I don't have connected the TV to the Internet (only local area network).

Have you tried connecting to the Internet long enough to install?

• Thanks 1

b454tnd
33 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Have you tried connecting to the Internet long enough to install?

I'm installing from USB stick. Do i need to have internet active to install the new version? The old one installs without internet connection.

36 minutes ago, b454tnd said:

I'm installing from USB stick. Do i need to have internet active to install the new version? The old one installs without internet connection.

Samsung doesn't publish all of these details, but it's possible, yes.

• Thanks 1

FrostByte

Not sure it will solve it for you, but I have seen it work for others in the past with similar errors.

My TV is always connected, and I've never seen the error

Edited by FrostByte

SamES
6 hours ago, b454tnd said:

Yes, I would expect it needs to be so that the package can be validated

b454tnd

Well, I will try it in a few hours. But if so I would not understand why the older version is fine to install but the new one gives me this error.

I will let you know as soon as I'm back home.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
avitali

So, I've had the exact same issue, but was connected to the internet all the time. I've tried using FAT16, FAT32, reformatted the usb-stick multiple times etc. Still, every single time, it showed the same error message; security check failed.

When I gave up, I decided to check the Tizen app store, and to my surprise, emby was shown in the 'installed apps' section. I opened it, and everything worked perfectly. So I guess it was a bug in the TV's OS? Even though I'm 100% sure the error message was displayed on every attempt to install the app, it still installed...

37 minutes ago, avitali said:

So, I've had the exact same issue, but was connected to the internet all the time. I've tried using FAT16, FAT32, reformatted the usb-stick multiple times etc. Still, every single time, it showed the same error message; security check failed.

When I gave up, I decided to check the Tizen app store, and to my surprise, emby was shown in the 'installed apps' section. I opened it, and everything worked perfectly. So I guess it was a bug in the TV's OS? Even though I'm 100% sure the error message was displayed on every attempt to install the app, it still installed...

That's interesting. Thanks for the info.