Photo view of emby iOS 2.1.3 is horrible

sondon

sondon

- Display quality of photos is bad.

- Zooming into photos is not possible any more (OMG, I love this feature, esp. on iPhone it is a MUST). 

- Photo title is shown in the photo by default and can not switched off  (wtf is that ????).

- Slide show is set by default ( ??? I always swipe and never use slide show).

- Photos now "wobble" when swiping (makes you seasick over time).

Please give us back the old version. PLEASE. Otherwise I'm gone for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
BruinsBold

I am having all the same issues as OP. Emby on iOS is basically unusable for photo viewing now. It doesn’t need to be improved; it needs to be rolled back to the original design that didn’t have all these completely unnecessary problems. Sadly, I am now having to look for alternative apps for photo viewing because this simply does not work anymore.

The title text has been removed and we'll remove the auto-advance by default for the next app update. We are continuing to work on improving it. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 months later...

HI, please try the latest update to the Emby iOS app and let us know how that compares. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
BruinsBold

Removing the titles and auto-advance was a definite improvement, however, high resolution images still appear blurry and there is no option to pinch to zoom in on photos.

Both of those features worked perfectly well before the inexplicable downgrades that were made to photo viewing in the iOS app last year.

• 3 weeks later...