Music in Kodi via Embycon

draddy

draddy

hi folks,

if i select my Kodi as "play on ..." target in the webUI of Emby it will play music - OK - but: i just got the Album cover and current track as info in Kodi - no artist, no album - nothing.

in Kodi: i select my artist - album - start 1st song: i have infos: artist, Album, track - but: it plays just that one selected song (Kodi setting: auto play next is aktiv!)

in Kodi2: i select my artist - right click on album --> Play All ... it will play the album - but: like from Emby webUI - no album or artist information.

so, i don't find a way to play a album AND got all informations displayed in Kodi.

Emby (Docker) version: 4.6.7.0
EmbyCon: 1.10.14
Kodi: 19.2

is it outdated?

i don't like that "Emby" addon in kodi since it has to build own database ...

thx

Jens

TeamB

I have not used or tested music in EmbyCon for over a year. I do not remember if this is the correct behavior or not to be honest. My guess is that it is the correct behavior.

I can set up a test again and look but it might take few a few days to get to it.

TeamB

@draddy

I finally had some time today to have a look at this.

It looks like I switch to a new way of extracting item details from the Emby API a while back but forgot to update the code path for when you play groups of items. I have fixed this now so if you select play all it should use the same code to populate the the items as if you played them individually.

This is release as Beta for Matrix at the moment only, so make sure you are using the beta repo, the version you are looking for is v1.10.20

• Thanks 1