Movie not showing subtitle

Mhystique

Mhystique

Hi, I just discovered that when I play a movie with a srt subtitle next to the movie, it doesn't show the subtitle. 

I have tried changing the name of the subtitle after this guide, but it didn't help. I'm not sure if the issue came with the latest update or was present before, as many of my movies have he subtitles embedded into them. 

On top of that I can't browse to the subtitle in Kodi, as the path only look for the locale computer and I have the movies lacated on a NAS. I can't even click the path and type in the address my self.
If I run the movie through Embys webinterface the subtitle is shown.

Where do I start, if I want to fix this issue?

Edited by Mhystique

gzolee

Hi

Have the same problem as well! Subtitles just wont show on browser ,tablet,phone app! Was working fine in the last few years but since few days is just gone with the wind! Have tried to update all the devices ,tried to go back versions  as well no luck.

embyserver.txt

Mhystique

Okay, adding missing informations. 

Using Emby-Next-Gen v 6.2.12 on Kodi 19.4 on Windows 10.

I don't know if a log file is needed. If so I need to know how to find it for Emby-Next-Gen, as I don't have any log file option in the configuration as the guide says (but then again guide is for the old Emby). The only place I found some log for Emby was on the Emby server. It that where I'll find the log?

If it a Kodi log, I think I know where to find that. But I have to log files there, which one is it then?

Edited by Mhystique

Mhystique

Hi again, finally had some time to find and upload the kodi log. 

But maybe the problem is with the movie file itself. Because now I can't start it everytime, Kodi just says "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.".
Every once in a while I can run the movie through Kodi, but I haven't figured out what is causing this behavior. 

kodi.log

quickmic
12 hours ago, Mhystique said:

But maybe the problem is with the movie file itself. Because now I can't start it everytime, Kodi just says "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.".
Every once in a while I can run the movie through Kodi, but I haven't figured out what is causing this behavior. 

kodi.log 66.98 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, I see the issue. Seems to be related only to dynamic (not synced) content.

I'll fix it in next version.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
15 hours ago, Mhystique said:

kodi.log 66.98 kB · 2 downloads

please try 6.2.15 from beta repo

Edited by quickmic

Mhystique

Great, that worked, thanks 👍

One more thing I have noticed. When I in Kodo are trying to setup the menues for movies, music, pictures and so. Emby sees the library library as a music library. 
If I go into skin settings, choose the movie menu then choose to change the action and navigate through add-ons ->  vidoes add-ons -> Emby-next-gen -> movies -> movies the text in the action menu changes to "ActivateWindow(Music,library://video/emby_movies_Movies/all.xml/,return).

Now it doesn't behave as a movie library but a music library, hence I can't setup the layout as I want it to be.

I can go into custom and just change "ActivateWindow(Music,......" to "ActivateWindow(Videos,......" and it works.

If I don't choose the sublevel of movies, but instead where I can browser by letter or studio or whatevere, it does show up as a Vidoes library. 
Which to me seems like a typo in the code, someone forgot to change library type for all sublevels under videos/movies. 😉

Don't know if you are aware of this, so just wanted you to how.

But again thanks for fixing the subtitle issues so fast.

quickmic
18 hours ago, Mhystique said:

Great, that worked, thanks 👍

One more thing I have noticed. When I in Kodo are trying to setup the menues for movies, music, pictures and so. Emby sees the library library as a music library. 
If I go into skin settings, choose the movie menu then choose to change the action and navigate through add-ons ->  vidoes add-ons -> Emby-next-gen -> movies -> movies the text in the action menu changes to "ActivateWindow(Music,library://video/emby_movies_Movies/all.xml/,return).

Now it doesn't behave as a movie library but a music library, hence I can't setup the layout as I want it to be.

I can go into custom and just change "ActivateWindow(Music,......" to "ActivateWindow(Videos,......" and it works.

If I don't choose the sublevel of movies, but instead where I can browser by letter or studio or whatevere, it does show up as a Vidoes library. 
Which to me seems like a typo in the code, someone forgot to change library type for all sublevels under videos/movies. 😉

Don't know if you are aware of this, so just wanted you to how.

But again thanks for fixing the subtitle issues so fast.

This depends how the nodes are added. Seems you initially added the video lib from next-gen music section. I can check it, but I need exact step by step instructions how you added them in the first place.

Mhystique
On 4/4/2022 at 7:06 AM, quickmic said:

This depends how the nodes are added. Seems you initially added the video lib from next-gen music section. I can check it, but I need exact step by step instructions how you added them in the first place.

Well first in the Emby backend I created a new library. Choose movie as content type, gave it a name and attached the specific folder on my NAS. Added some extra settings like metadata readers, fetchers and language settings, but don't think they mean anything to this problem.
Then I scanned the folder, or it did automatically. I can't remember, but the movie library is shown as movie content in the Emby Library settings.
I also have one for music, which shows as music content. And then one for TV shows, which also shows as TV shows.

Then on my HTPC in emby-next-gen I connected to the server. If I remember correct I sync the libraries. 
Then I went to "System skin settings" (running Aeon Nox: SiLVO), go to "Setup the Aeon Nox main menu". 
In the "Movies" menu I choose "Change action" where I clikced on "Add-ons", then Video add-ons, then Emby-next-gen, then Movies, then Movies again.
Now it returns to the submenu setup, where at "Change action" it shows the content as music library. If I skip the last Movies step, and just "Create menu item to here" instead is comes up as movie content.
If I choose "A-Z" in the last option, it also returns af music library. 

This is what I suspect is a bug, since just one step above the troublesome level it returns as movie.

Hope that helps and are exact enough?