Current ServerWMC Guide

jriker1

jriker1

I am trying to setup live tv and integration with WMC in Emby and kind of stuck.  Sad there is like zero walk thrus on this other than one from MediaBrowser.  So I installed ServerWMC on my WMC box.  Installed the plugin on Emby and restarted things.  Went to the Emby plugin and changed localhost to the MCE server IP.  Saw lots of activity syncing data.  That said, the Live TV configuration area is waiting for me to configure it.  Existing ServerWMC Recordings look like this:

image.thumb.png.463ef7159cac0e4b952c5e697a4cd5cc.png

Clicking into one the associated video has no thumbnails.

Clicking on LiveTV I Get:

image.thumb.png.448c94952e9218c1ecd090b700c388ac.png

Are you also supposed to configure anything here or leave it blank?

image.png.492322b62774ef246d039ea8951322eb.png

So then everything is technically going to and coming from WMC DB?

Hi, that looks right, but this has been revamped in the upcoming 4.7 release:

Thanks.

jriker1

Thanks Luke.  Have a number of items on this but didn't want to overwhelm at once.  So the lack of thumbnails is normal then right?

It depends on whether or not your guide data from ServerWMC has thumbnails. In 4.7 you'll be able to pair that with emby guide data though.

jriker1
3 hours ago, Luke said:

It depends on whether or not your guide data from ServerWMC has thumbnails. In 4.7 you'll be able to pair that with emby guide data though.

The guide data needs thumbnails for the saved shows or in this case Emby is supposed to pull down the images for the shows or pull out thumbnails like it does with all the other media?  For reference my WMC is on Windows 8.1, it's got thumbnails for everything on the screens, and it's using EPG for the guide, and is downloading channel images as part of it which I don't see in Emby either.

Note beyond this couple things give a horrible experience.  Glad to share a video.  When I'm on even the Emby webpage on my 10Gbe network, the overall page is slower since integrating ServerWMC.  Clicking on LiveTV and clicking thru the tabs it's super slow and sometimes  never pulls up anything until you go to another tab and then back again.   Even going into my downloaded shows folder it's slowed down since adding this integration. Right now was in my Shows folder and clicked the back arrow.  Sitting here with a blank screen.

image.thumb.png.d7d76e375ea589c82b041dd06e9788b3.png

if I refresh the page it shows the Shows thumbnails again.  Click the back arrow again blank screen.  Need to click the home button. 

Also live TV is tough.  On the WMC it's super fast.  On Emby playing thru ServerWMC it spins for a bit and comes up and starts, then pauses, then start, then pauses, then starts, then maybe it will play OK at that point and maybe after those pauses the audio will be off.

Also can't find the show that's recording anywhere.  Like I'm used to with WMC that I can pull up a show in progress and watch it from the beginning while recording.  I don't see it at all.

Also :)  when you delete shows they still show in the GUI but spin if you try to watch them.  May be an issue between the LiveTV > Recordings area and the top level ServerWMC Recordings area.

Edited by jriker1

That's your TV library. That has nothing to do with server wmc.

Let's look at a specific example using the information requested in how to report a problem: 

Thanks.