Buffering issue with the new app

Orionas21
Go to solution Solved by Orionas21,

Orionas21

Hi Sam

Thank you very much for your support!

So since the client doesn't actually supports the selection, you perform it via this method. Meaning that if i select the AC3 i will have the mentioned issue with m3u8 but also if i leave the main audio track since TRUEHD is transcoded to AC3, as depicted in the above pictures, the issue reoccurs because again we have the m3u8 or something else?

12 minutes ago, SamES said:

Can I suggest trying the next version of the app when it is released?  Just having a look at it, there are some small changes to the detection of secondary audio track support that might fix this if you believe it used to work previously.

Do you have an ETA?

20 minutes ago, SamES said:

I'm not 100% sure, but when trying to play an unsupported track (ie: TrueHD) the internal LG player will internally switch to the next track,  AC3 in your case.  It's possible this was occurring via DLNA.

I'm 100% sure because i have movies with only one audio track (pure TrueHD or DTS-X, not EAC3) and they are playing fine. So the TV strips the extra info and via the ARC sends the core audio to the yamaha receiver always!

Also from the menu of native DLNA app in the audio selection i have multiple selections if the movie has multiple audio tracks. Changing the audio will pause the movie and i see in my yamaha receiver the modification of the decoder.

The below info is from the manual:

Playing audio through an external audio device connected to the digital optical port or the HDMI (ARC) port
HOME -->  Setting icon -->  All Settings icon --> Sound --> Sound Out -->  Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC)
TV audio is played through an external audio device connected to the digital optical port or the HDMI (ARC) port. Enable SIMPLINK to play audio through HDMI (ARC).
If you select Off while SIMPLINK is enabled, the audio output setting is restored to the default setting in order to ensure uninterrupted audio output.
Configuring digital sound output settings
HOME --> Setting icon -->  All Settings icon --> Sound --> Sound Out -->  Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC)  --> Digital Sound Out
You can configure the Digital Sound Out settings.
These settings are available only when an Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC) / Internal TV Speaker + Audio Out (Optical) is selected.
Sound   Input                    Digital Sound Output
Auto       MPEG                   PCM
              Dolby Digital         Dolby Digital
              Dolby Digital Plus Dolby Digital
              HE-AAC                Dolby Digital
              DTS                      DTS / PCM
              DTS Express         PCM
              DTS-HD MA          PCM / DTS
PCM        All                        PCM

My opinion is that Emby is a very good product and keep up the good work!!

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
Orionas21

Hey all!

Good news!!!

I installed the updated app in my LG and the issue is resolved!!

Screenshot_20220426-135608_Emby.thumb.jpg.2457f1ddd5fe0437cddc9fb3d3f0d7be.jpg

20220426_135639(0).thumb.jpg.d17e9866cd774d291f5c630b7c1412c9.jpg

Thank you very much for your support!!

SamES
14 minutes ago, Orionas21 said:

I installed the updated app in my LG and the issue is resolved!!

Great, thanks for the update.

Is the new release available now?  Version 1.0.35?

Orionas21

Yes as you can see from my screen shots the new version is 1.0.35.

Today when I opened my tv a pop up informed me that a new version was available for some apps, so I went to the LG store and installed it.

I immediately tested it with a 15 minute preview of the "problematic" movie and everything looks great. 

It seems that now indeed you can select the second audio without the m3u issue...

My country is Greece. So most probably Europe will have the new release within this week. 

SamES

Excellent, thanks.

@Luke, released!

19 minutes ago, Orionas21 said:

Yes as you can see from my screen shots the new version is 1.0.35.

• Thanks 1

nanuk

would you please release a changelog of version 1.0.35?

or was this the only change in this version? 

Thx

Edited by nanuk

23 minutes ago, nanuk said:

would you please release a changelog of version 1.0.35?

or was this the only change in this version? 

Thx

I really don't think there are any changes related to this because again, it's LG's video player, not ours, but I'm glad he is reporting a better experience.

Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Orionas21

After testing several movies everything works great.

I can select the second audio and the movie is playing without hiccups.

The acceptable limit of my TV in video bit-rate is 60 mbps from my experience (only 2-3 hiccups due to buffer issue of the TV, even with usb 3 to gigabit lan cable, in a 3 Hour movie). Everything below that plays flawlessly!

Also after the upgrade of the server to 4.7.0.60 and the addition of the Trailers plugin the experience has been skyrocket!!

Perfect product with continuous support!!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Orionas21 said:

After testing several movies everything works great.

I can select the second audio and the movie is playing without hiccups.

The acceptable limit of my TV in video bit-rate is 60 mbps from my experience (only 2-3 hiccups due to buffer issue of the TV, even with usb 3 to gigabit lan cable, in a 3 Hour movie). Everything below that plays flawlessly!

Also after the upgrade of the server to 4.7.0.60 and the addition of the Trailers plugin the experience has been skyrocket!!

Perfect product with continuous support!!!

Thanks for the feedback !