AND modifier for Genres in Filter

Romek123

Romek123

Hello as title says

i stopped using kodi as it crashs more than it plays something - started to love emby again but i realllllly miss one feature

sorting my movies by genre & genre

Here in emby when i add 2 genres in Filter than it shows me for example all action movies + all thriller movies

but with an "AND" modifier i could see only movies that have both genres at the same time

for example what i used before:

Action - Thriller

SciFi - Horror

SciFi - Adventure

War - Romance

Romance - Drama

... etc. - the possibilities are endless

please consider this for a future change

Edited by Romek123
  • Like 2
  • Agree 5

GrimReaper

Had the same query some time ago... and longish discussion afterwards. 

• Like 1

Romek123

so as i understand the reason why they don't want this is it could be complicated for grandmas?

Well ...

I mean each account has an configuration menu. How about adding there options how people want the filters?

options could be : Filters: Standard or Expert

Standard is as it is now and when activate expert in account configuration than we can have modifiers?

all it needs is a single button right behind the bar thats a  [+] (for how it is now) and when click on it it change to [&]

Edited by Romek123
  • Agree 1

Junglejim

Yeah this sounds like a cool feature! I would like to use it for sure.

8 hours ago, Romek123 said:

so as i understand the reason why they don't want this is it could be complicated for grandmas?

😆 As if grandmas would use the filter option! Probably it's in the too hard basket for these devs, like most things..

"That's possible for the future" LOL 🙂

Edited by Junglejim
  • Like 1

Romek123

Well, as i use nfo's only i can add this with tinymediamanager as genresor tags by mself without a problem. And i guess thats what i need to do when i want this.

But would have been nice when could be a dynamic filter.

Junglejim

OK, nfo's that's so yesterday, with the speed of the net at the mo I don't bother with that extra bloated crap. Plus the Emby server is a media manager with it's own db/meta/images. I see no reason to use something else and double up on that stuff.

Personally I just want Emby to become the best media manager there is, period!

I used to use Kodi/XBMC back in the day, but that is old school now compared to Emby.

I can see your workaround is valid if your still in that Kodi/backup environment but it just doesn't help with Emby native environment. :)

Happy2Play
8 hours ago, Junglejim said:

OK, nfo's that's so yesterday, with the speed of the net at the mo I don't bother with that extra bloated crap.

Quite subjective as this does not exist every.  And nfo's will allow recovery of all customized metadata when your database takes a wrong turn and goes corrupt.

Romek123

OK, nfo's that's so yesterday

Aehm nope. Automatic scraping with an scraper is onyl "less work". But you get only the information on your media thats provided from the website. And thats a bad way for tagging movies as most tags are not maintained for all the movies.

I use tags like "1001" for movies from the "1001 movies you need to watch until you die" list. Or Oscar Winner, Wuxia etc. - you get some of this tags on some of the movies with a scraper, but i want my library to be correct.

anyway - thats not the thema this thread was opened for

• Agree 1