embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

Eisi2005

can it be that an update is sent to the emby server via websocket when you start a movie for example or does websocket automatically make an update every xx minutes or looks if there is something new ? Whenever the websocket connection shows up in kodi, my wireguard vpn connection breaks down at the same time. This must be related somehow.

MagicPinball

Noticed a possible security risk.  Prior to starting Kodi, and going to my Network and viewing all computer, then clicking on my NAS drive for a shared folder, I get chalenged for my credentials.  This is what I expect.  If I start Kodi with Emby Net Gen ver 7 (or ver 8 ), then exit Kodi, then go to my Network and clicking on my NAS drive for a shared folder, I DO NOT get chalenged and I am able to see all shared folders.  Isn't this a security risk?

quickmic
10 hours ago, MagicPinball said:

Noticed a possible security risk.  Prior to starting Kodi, and going to my Network and viewing all computer, then clicking on my NAS drive for a shared folder, I get chalenged for my credentials.  This is what I expect.  If I start Kodi with Emby Net Gen ver 7 (or ver 8 ), then exit Kodi, then go to my Network and clicking on my NAS drive for a shared folder, I DO NOT get chalenged and I am able to see all shared folders.  Isn't this a security risk?

I think you mounted the folders inside Kodi.

If you think it's a security risk, report it to Kodi devs. The plugin doesn't handle network shares.

Edited by quickmic

Eisi2005
On 6/16/2023 at 9:57 AM, quickmic said:

I could disable the message in next 8.X version (as an option). However, the VPN shouldn't cause the issue. I assume you use a proxy and it's not configured correctly.

would be happy if in the next version would be an option to turn off the message. would test that then

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
quickmic
16 minutes ago, JavierPa said:

Hello everyone.

Do you know why there are titles of series that are duplicated?

It doesn't happen with all titles, it's random.

Usually happens on Kodi crashes, powercuts, restarts when sync is in progress.

JavierPa
9 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Usually happens on Kodi crashes, powercuts, restarts when sync is in progress.

And how is it solved? I have reset the sync several times and it's still the same.

quickmic
10 minutes ago, JavierPa said:

And how is it solved? I have reset the sync several times and it's still the same.

Please update to 8.x and report if the issue still appears.

JavierPa
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please update to 8.x and report if the issue still appears.

I have uninstalled the addon, I have reinstalled, I have reestablished the database, I have manually deleted the titles that are repeated, then when I add a new series, it appears duplicated again.