embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

jaybird2203
11 hours ago, dapharsyde said:

When I bring up the context menu on TV Shows and Movie items, I normally see an option for "Emby Options"

image.thumb.png.48cc4e48edfe1c6c57bd3f56958efb92.png

But for videos I have tagged as "Home Video & Photos", the context menu does not give the option to select "Emby options"

image.thumb.png.ab3104a35980ccb7384f46c7859e2739.png

Is this an issue with the embyforkodi plugin (6.2.20), the skin (estuary mod v2 KN), or something else?

I do not observe this with the 7.9.2 release with default skin. Same "home video & photo" library shows the Emby options context menu. 

Have you asked in the 6.x.x thread?

jaybird2203
14 hours ago, xylsss said:

Thanks a lot, version 7.9.2 works just great, the speed is simply staggering. But my question is different, at startup a window pops up all the time, how to disable it?

IMG_20220929_220716.thumb.jpg.54fa6ac81091ebd006a5082658b05b29.jpg

I don't observe this in Win 10, Kodi 19.4.2, default skin. 

I'd expect the kodi log would be needed to assist further. 

dapharsyde
3 hours ago, jaybird2203 said:

I do not observe this with the 7.9.2 release with default skin. Same "home video & photo" library shows the Emby options context menu. 

Have you asked in the 6.x.x thread?

Silly me, I did not realize this was the 7.x.x thread.  I just installed the 7.9.2 plugin, and tried again.  With this version, I found the menu options that lead me to the Synced nodes and Dynamic nodes.

image.thumb.png.0addb2cf41ce713b7e7fa9ac0dde627f.png

Before adding the folder to the Emby plugin via "Manage Libraries", I can navigate to the videos via "Dynamic nodes"->MyLibraryName->Folder, but the context menu is missing the "Emby Options" item.

image.thumb.png.6d7a0da14e1f233b073197cfbe9ce47b.png

After I add the library, I can navigate to the same folder via "Synced nodes"->MyLibraryName->Folder, and the context menu shows up as expected - 

image.thumb.png.575fce1a69dcfe5fb019c0c2cd53805c.png

But the problem with this configuration is that the videos in this library get mixed with the Hollywood movies that appear in the Movies widget.

image.thumb.png.bb682e1547067ef46858e83601869358.png

Is there a way to have the "Emby Options" context menu item appear for Dynamic Nodes? 

Or is there a way to prevent the videos from Home Videos & Photos being mixed with the Hollywood movies in the Movies library and widget?

Home2008
On 10/3/2022 at 11:14 AM, Home2008 said:

Hello, I have a new installation of Kodi 19.4 under Windows 11. At first everything ran ok with version 7.9.1. Then I only ever saw this message in Kodi. Now I have made an update to the new 7.9.2, unfortunately it did not bring any change. Attached is the note and the Kodi log file.

emby792.jpg

I uninstalled Emby under Kodi 19.4, deleted everything. Then reinstalled. 7.9.2 but nothing changes, I still get this message. And kodi remains empty.

t123thomas

HI quickmic BETA VERSION 7.9.2: will not installed on LE 19.2 system freeze, I had to  shut down my pc and restart , tried several times same issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

feerlessleadr
28 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

HI quickmic BETA VERSION 7.9.2: will not installed on LE 19.2 system freeze, I had to  shut down my pc and restart , tried several times same issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I had the same issue except on coreelec. I reset the database first, then let it resync, then once finished, I was able to install 7.9.2 without issue. 

I had to reset the database again unfortunately, but took all of 5 - 10 minutes to sync, so a small price to pay. 

t123thomas

I have resolve the issue

27 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

I had the same issue except on coreelec. I reset the database first, then let it resync, then once finished, I was able to install 7.9.2 without issue. 

I had to reset the database again unfortunately, but took all of 5 - 10 minutes to sync, so a small price to pay. 

Thanks, its working now

quickmic
14 hours ago, Home2008 said:

I uninstalled Emby under Kodi 19.4, deleted everything. Then reinstalled. 7.9.2 but nothing changes, I still get this message. And kodi remains empty.

Greetings from Indonesia 🙂

Seems you and @Segerexperiencing the same issue. Something odd happened after you deleted an item on Emby server and next-gen is not able to identify the removed item. Not sure what actually caused this issue but I'll review it after vacation. Anyway, a DB reset should fix the issue. If not, shutdown Kodi and remove the emby database on Kodi manually. This should fix the issue.

Delete the following files:

../kodi/userdata/Database/emby_*

../kodi/userdata/Database/MyMusic82*

../kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos119*

I'll also review the other reported issues when I'm back.

EDIT:

I think the issue appears when a complete library was removed from Emby server.

Edited by quickmic

On 10/5/2022 at 1:15 AM, jaybird2203 said:

I don't observe this in Win 10, Kodi 19.4.2, default skin. 

I'd expect the kodi log would be needed to assist further. 

I use CoreELEC, did a full reset, everything is fine now, but thanks anyway.

Seger
On 10/6/2022 at 4:19 AM, quickmic said:

Greetings from Indonesia 🙂

Seems you and @Segerexperiencing the same issue. Something odd happened after you deleted an item on Emby server and next-gen is not able to identify the removed item. Not sure what actually caused this issue but I'll review it after vacation. Anyway, a DB reset should fix the issue. If not, shutdown Kodi and remove the emby database on Kodi manually. This should fix the issue.

Delete the following files:

../kodi/userdata/Database/emby_*

../kodi/userdata/Database/MyMusic82*

../kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos119*

I'll also review the other reported issues when I'm back.

EDIT:

I think the issue appears when a complete library was removed from Emby server.

First of all, have fun in Indonesia, it's just fantastic!!!

I can confirm that the error is gone and it is running better now. On your advice, I tried as best I could not to use Embuary next but to use the node via the library, but I still have an issue with the node updating. If I watch an episode until about 95% finished and go out, the episode is also marked as watched but there is no update to the next one. So the library then shows me the next one I have just watched.  When I refresh the skin there is no change. But seeing Embuary next is clean. Could be an Embuary issue again, but somehow there was a different refresh form in the old version, it wasn't like that before. Hope the translation works and you understand. Thank you very much and see you in a few days.

• Like 1

quickmic
18 hours ago, Seger said:

First of all, have fun in Indonesia, it's just fantastic!!!

I can confirm that the error is gone and it is running better now. On your advice, I tried as best I could not to use Embuary next but to use the node via the library, but I still have an issue with the node updating. If I watch an episode until about 95% finished and go out, the episode is also marked as watched but there is no update to the next one. So the library then shows me the next one I have just watched.  When I refresh the skin there is no change. But seeing Embuary next is clean. Could be an Embuary issue again, but somehow there was a different refresh form in the old version, it wasn't like that before. Hope the translation works and you understand. Thank you very much and see you in a few days.

Have you compared the plugins next-up view with Emby Servers WebUI nextup? Is it matching there?

Can you reproduce the issue anytime with the same pattern?

I don't think it's a skin refresh issue. Maybe it's by design or could be.

fyi, that's the thread were I talked with ebr about the design:

Anyone have issues with Collections?  The custom I created I see in Emby web interface do not match what i see in Kodi. 

* TV Shows are missing from collections. (this has also been the case)

* Random Movies are also missing. I don't know to get it synced up.  Even going into settings and syncing collections does not fix this issue.   This seems to have started to occur with later releases of Emby Server.

I am running the latest version of Emby server and Emby Next-Gen if this makes a difference running Kodi 19.3.  

quickmic
On 10/11/2022 at 12:49 AM, kron0s said:

Anyone have issues with Collections?  The custom I created I see in Emby web interface do not match what i see in Kodi.

Have you (re) synced the boxsets after modifications? Boxsets/Collections are not automatically updated in realtime. They should be updated on Kodi restart, however. Please try a manual boxset refresh.

* TV Shows are missing from collections. (this has also been the case)

TV Shows boxsets are not supported by Kodi.

There is a table in Kodi's database called movielinktvshows -> https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos#movielinktvshow

Probably I could use this (internal) Kodi function for TVShows boxsets as well.

Anyway, at the moment you need to use the dynamic node for TV-Shows collection (if there is one, I think yes, will check it later).

* Random Movies are also missing. I don't know to get it synced up.  Even going into settings and syncing collections does not fix this issue.   This seems to have started to occur with later releases of Emby Server.

I need a pattern if this is an plugin issue. Otherwise impossible to review.

I am running the latest version of Emby server and Emby Next-Gen if this makes a difference running Kodi 19.3.

No it doesn't.

dapharsyde
On 10/4/2022 at 7:19 PM, dapharsyde said:

Silly me, I did not realize this was the 7.x.x thread.  I just installed the 7.9.2 plugin, and tried again.  With this version, I found the menu options that lead me to the Synced nodes and Dynamic nodes.

image.thumb.png.0addb2cf41ce713b7e7fa9ac0dde627f.png

Before adding the folder to the Emby plugin via "Manage Libraries", I can navigate to the videos via "Dynamic nodes"->MyLibraryName->Folder, but the context menu is missing the "Emby Options" item.

image.thumb.png.6d7a0da14e1f233b073197cfbe9ce47b.png

After I add the library, I can navigate to the same folder via "Synced nodes"->MyLibraryName->Folder, and the context menu shows up as expected - 

image.thumb.png.575fce1a69dcfe5fb019c0c2cd53805c.png

But the problem with this configuration is that the videos in this library get mixed with the Hollywood movies that appear in the Movies widget.

image.thumb.png.bb682e1547067ef46858e83601869358.png

Is there a way to have the "Emby Options" context menu item appear for Dynamic Nodes? 

Or is there a way to prevent the videos from Home Videos & Photos being mixed with the Hollywood movies in the Movies library and widget?

@quickmic - Do you have any recommendations for this?

quickmic
3 hours ago, dapharsyde said:

@quickmic - Do you have any recommendations for this?

I'll come back to you... still on vacation. In short, you should use a custom skin and plugins custom nodes. I think you are asking for a workaround for a skin/Kodi related limitation. Haven't fully reviewed your posting yet, but seems you are not using a proper approach for, what I think you are trying.

dapharsyde
14 hours ago, quickmic said:

I'll come back to you... still on vacation. In short, you should use a custom skin and plugins custom nodes. I think you are asking for a workaround for a skin/Kodi related limitation. Haven't fully reviewed your posting yet, but seems you are not using a proper approach for, what I think you are trying.

Oh please continue to enjoy your vacation - I look forward to your response when you're back.  In the meantime I'll try to summarize for you what I am trying --

My usage scenario is one where I want to have a skin menu shortcut to a library of speedrun videos which are organized by a folder structure I already have in place.  I often delete files from this library, which I was previously (in Kodi Leia) able to do by bringing up the context menu, selecting Emby Options, and deleting the file.  Since I upgraded, the context menu no longer shows "Emby options".  The only way I can get the "Emby options" to appear in the context menu is to add this library to the sync, but this results in all of these videos being mixed in with the Hollywood movies.  If this is due to a skin/kodi limitation as you suggested, what would you recommend?

Grumpy1

hi, does anyone use the kodinerds version of kodi with this plugin on a Shield TV?

just wondering if its safe to use and if it works ok.

just seen so many people mentioning kodinerds for DV and would love to have that

thanks

On 10/11/2022 at 10:05 PM, quickmic said:

Have you (re) synced the boxsets after modifications? Boxsets/Collections are not automatically updated in realtime. They should be updated on Kodi restart, however. Please try a manual boxset refresh.

TV Shows boxsets are not supported by Kodi.

There is a table in Kodi's database called movielinktvshows -> https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos#movielinktvshow

Probably I could use this (internal) Kodi function for TVShows boxsets as well.

Anyway, at the moment you need to use the dynamic node for TV-Shows collection (if there is one, I think yes, will check it later).

I need a pattern if this is an plugin issue. Otherwise impossible to review.

No it doesn't.

I believe the issue may stem from a movie being part of multiple collections.  Emby supports this but for some reason via emby-next-gen and kodi the movie will only show up in 1 collection.  Not sure how it decides which collection to be in, which it why it may appear to be missing from one collection but is in another collection actually.

quickmic
22 hours ago, anontv said:

the addon is asking me to sign in every time i reboot

This sounds like your settings.xml is corrupted. You should try delete the file ..userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/settings.xml

quickmic
On 10/13/2022 at 6:28 AM, dapharsyde said:

Oh please continue to enjoy your vacation - I look forward to your response when you're back.  In the meantime I'll try to summarize for you what I am trying --

My usage scenario is one where I want to have a skin menu shortcut to a library of speedrun videos which are organized by a folder structure I already have in place.  I often delete files from this library, which I was previously (in Kodi Leia) able to do by bringing up the context menu, selecting Emby Options, and deleting the file.  Since I upgraded, the context menu no longer shows "Emby options".  The only way I can get the "Emby options" to appear in the context menu is to add this library to the sync, but this results in all of these videos being mixed in with the Hollywood movies.  If this is due to a skin/kodi limitation as you suggested, what would you recommend?

I'll add the context menu in the next version, however. Yes I would sync the content and use a custom skin.

Custom skins offers options to edit the main menu, the widgets etc.

e.g. you can remove the default movie main menu record, and replace it with two different ones from next-gen custom nodes. One for the actual movies and one for the others.

Any chance of adding a search for dynamic nodes?  My emby library is way to big to sync 

Edited by anontv

quickmic
4 minutes ago, anontv said:

Any chance of adding a search for dynamic nodes?

Probably yes, I've to look into that matter.

My emby library is way to big to sync 

I doubt that, I have a large library too and no problem.