embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
6 hours ago, RaptorCentauri said:

I'm encountering an odd error. All of my media is suddenly unable to play. I am getting the error "The file is no longer available, would you like to remove the episode from the library". I use Native Mode on a CoreELEC installation

This began suddenly after a system reboot. I tried updating to 7.9.0 and then 7.9.1 but the problem persists. Emby Server is on 4.8.0.8.

If I use add-on mode the media plays properly. Additionally I tried on another system on the same network with the same user using native mode and it works fine as well. Please let me know if you need any logs (and which ones)

Yes I need a kodi.log and I still think it's a network issue. You can als review the kodi.log and watch out for the filepath Kodi tries to access. Seems this path is not available.

RaptorCentauri
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes I need a kodi.log and I still think it's a network issue. You can als review the kodi.log and watch out for the filepath Kodi tries to access. Seems this path is not available.

01_KODI.log

Let me know if you see anything. It could very well be a network issue but I'm not sure what specifically.

quickmic
6 hours ago, RaptorCentauri said:

01_KODI.log 5.78 MB · 0 downloads

Let me know if you see anything. It could very well be a network issue but I'm not sure what specifically.

In this log no playback is triggered. At least no that I see but you use smb. Is the smb folder mountet in Kodi?

btw, this seems not to be a plugin issue. Anyway I'll test smb once again. Please open a new thread if you need smb support.

quickmic
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

In this log no playback is triggered. At least no that I see but you use smb. Is the smb folder mountet in Kodi?

btw, this seems not to be a plugin issue. Anyway I'll test smb once again. Please open a new thread if you need smb support.

confirmed, smb is working perfect.

I thought my issues were solved by changing back to server version 4.7.6.0 and next gen 7.9.

Unfortunately it didn’t last very long before the websocket errors came back and Kodi became very slow again. Images kept appearing very slow and Kodi became unresponsive.

Watched status not working.

For those reasons I went back to next gen version 7.7. build the database again and everything works as smooth as it can be.

No websocket errors, fast loading of images. Watched status working fine.

For now I keep it this way until I feel like testing newer versions again. 😉

I have two logs, one when I used next gen 7.9 and one when using next gen 7.7.

Perhaps you can make something of it that can help fixing these issues I have with 7.9 and higher.

I use Kodi with Next gen on a shield tv and Synology ds920+ nas

Thanks.

kodi next gen 7.7.log kodi next gen 7.9.log

quickmic
10 hours ago, heula said:

I thought my issues were solved by changing back to server version 4.7.6.0 and next gen 7.9.

Unfortunately it didn’t last very long before the websocket errors came back and Kodi became very slow again. Images kept appearing very slow and Kodi became unresponsive.

Watched status not working.

For those reasons I went back to next gen version 7.7. build the database again and everything works as smooth as it can be.

No websocket errors, fast loading of images. Watched status working fine.

For now I keep it this way until I feel like testing newer versions again. 😉

I have two logs, one when I used next gen 7.9 and one when using next gen 7.7.

Perhaps you can make something of it that can help fixing these issues I have with 7.9 and higher.

I use Kodi with Next gen on a shield tv and Synology ds920+ nas

Thanks.

kodi next gen 7.7.log 315.02 kB · 1 download kodi next gen 7.9.log 239.37 kB · 1 download

I think I know the issue. Can you confirm, you are using native mode and have a music library?

This results in 7.9.X to very very long music scan. Will be fixed in next version.

2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I think I know the issue. Can you confirm, you are using native mode and have a music library?

This results in 7.9.X to very very long music scan. Will be fixed in next version.

I can confirm that, yes.

Can you also check why the watched status doesn"t change after playing a video? No resume or watched when atopping a video.

Thanks

Edited by heula
  • Thanks 1

fatshotty

Hello
sorry, i don't know if this question has already been posted...

i have installed emby-next-gen 6.2.20 from emby-for-kodi repository. It works fine but there isn't skip-intro option.
I installed the 7.9.1 version on a different kodi installation and found the skip-intro option.

So, can I upgrade the E4K 6.2.20 to 7.9.1 keeping all settings and synced libraries? Is it possibile to direct install the e4k 7.9.1 from repository-url instead of downloading the single .zip file?

Thanks in advance

Edited by fatshotty

quickmic
4 hours ago, fatshotty said:

So, can I upgrade the E4K 6.2.20 to 7.9.1 keeping all settings and synced libraries?

The Kodi settings will be kept, but not the plugin setting and the libraries.

Is it possibile to direct install the e4k 7.9.1 from repository-url instead of downloading the single .zip file?

Not from repo yet, but you can sideload the file directly in Kodi.

No need to copy the file manually (via USB drive etc.) on your box. It's more or less equal like loading from repo.

btw, maybe take a backup before you install 7.X on your box. I don't expect any problems (in addon mode), but if you really have critical settings, a backup is always good to have.

quickmic

New version available 7.9.2:

Delta changelog:

Another fix for library repair issue
Fix music scan disabled for native mode

Todo:

(startup) nodes reset, code-rewrite

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, heula said:

Watched status not working.kodi next gen 7.7.log 315.02 kB · 2 downloads
kodi next gen 7.9.log 239.37 kB · 2 downlo

Installed 7.9.2 yesterday and I'm still running on 4.7.6.0 emby. Did get the Websocket error... But the scan completed and did not notice any other issues!

• Like 1

quickmic
34 minutes ago, 838Joel said:

Installed 7.9.2 yesterday and I'm still running on 4.7.6.0 emby. Did get the Websocket error... But the scan completed and did not notice any other issues!

I think you mean 7.9.1, cause 7.9.2 is brand new and should also cover the music scan issue which is also related to the websocket issue.

btw, this music scan issue ONLY affected the native mode. Addon mode was and is still fine.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

fyi

I'm on vacation for the next 3 weeks with limited internet access.

Don't expect quick response time during this time period.

Anyway, please report any issues you found. So far, I also performed several tests, everything perfect.

Hoping I can declare 7.9.2 as next "official" beta version.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 2

Seger

Brief feedback on the current version the function Add libraries "all" or individual libraries only starts after a restart of Kodi.

Mookdog
On 9/30/2022 at 7:07 PM, quickmic said:

fyi

I'm on vacation for the next 3 weeks with limited internet access.

Don't expect quick response time during this time period.

Anyway, please report any issues you found. So far, I also performed several tests, everything perfect.

Hoping I can declare 7.9.2 as next "official" beta version.

Dude @quickmic

Enjoy your vacation brother. Kick back and relax this 7.9.2 is mint

Mook

838Joel
On 9/27/2022 at 12:27 PM, quickmic said:

I think you mean 7.9.1, cause 7.9.2 is brand new and should also cover the music scan issue which is also related to the websocket issue.

btw, this music scan issue ONLY affected the native mode. Addon mode was and is still fine.

Sorry for the delay in responding... But no I really mean 7.9.2 has I never installer 7.9.1. And I don't have any music library yet!

But I did install it on another setup and haven't got this error, once again not coming from 7.9.1

Home2008

Hello, I have a new installation of Kodi 19.4 under Windows 11. At first everything ran ok with version 7.9.1. Then I only ever saw this message in Kodi. Now I have made an update to the new 7.9.2, unfortunately it did not bring any change. Attached is the note and the Kodi log file.

emby792.jpg

kodi.zip

Seger
5 hours ago, Home2008 said:

Hello, I have a new installation of Kodi 19.4 under Windows 11. At first everything ran ok with version 7.9.1. Then I only ever saw this message in Kodi. Now I have made an update to the new 7.9.2, unfortunately it did not bring any change. Attached is the note and the Kodi log file.

emby792.jpg

kodi.zip 12.94 kB · 0 downloads

error itself enclosed is my log.

sammle entfernte objekte kodi.log

RaptorCentauri
On 9/26/2022 at 8:09 AM, quickmic said:

Finally got this resolved. It was an issue with the optional network path. Switching from hostname to IP fixed it.

Home2008
58 minutes ago, RaptorCentauri said:

Finally got this resolved. It was an issue with the optional network path. Switching from hostname to IP fixed it.

You mean this?

bibpfad.jpg

Thanks a lot, version 7.9.2 works just great, the speed is simply staggering. But my question is different, at startup a window pops up all the time, how to disable it?

IMG_20220929_220716.thumb.jpg.54fa6ac81091ebd006a5082658b05b29.jpg

dapharsyde

When I bring up the context menu on TV Shows and Movie items, I normally see an option for "Emby Options"

image.thumb.png.48cc4e48edfe1c6c57bd3f56958efb92.png

But for videos I have tagged as "Home Video & Photos", the context menu does not give the option to select "Emby options"

image.thumb.png.ab3104a35980ccb7384f46c7859e2739.png

Is this an issue with the embyforkodi plugin (6.2.20), the skin (estuary mod v2 KN), or something else?

jaybird2203

One thing I noticed with 7.9.2 (may be earlier but can't recall when this started with recent releases but definitely not in 7.2.0...probably started during the more recent artwork revamp for TV) is that for music the fanart background appears to be blank. 

Using the default skin, no visualizations and playing any song the background would be the fanart for the artist whereas now its blank/black. Emby web still shows the "correct" background. 

Upon further review, in this playback it looks like the album art was replaced by artist while the main artist view page still shows the correct album art. 

See below, first image is Kodi play back with black background with setting shown for fanart, second is Emby web, third is the Artist/Album view in Kodi with proper Album art shown.

image.thumb.png.59a84bf3f9d5a7d3a092aa50b34e7bf7.png

image.thumb.png.1f13f55566b4042e6841d056b51b3d44.png

image.thumb.png.e7ae9f37e4280623e621bb77e41ccdcb.png

Edited by jaybird2203