embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

Seger
On 7/29/2022 at 7:34 AM, quickmic said:

Danke, darf ich es "kopieren/einfügen"?

Hey you,

I just discovered that you used the source code from Team B and wanted to ask if you had already dealt with the location of the display and the optics?

If so, sorry for the impulse question. I just thought that it would be somehow more coherent if the button colour of the skin was used and if the location appeared at the bottom right of the screen like in the Next Up addon (analogous to Emby). I also noticed that if I don't press Enter and I scroll back and forth, the button doesn't reappear once I've pressed it away. With "next episode" in the next addon there is a different behaviour, there the button always appears again when I am in the time frame.    

Edit Image:

image.thumb.png.4bf7df27c943d66b85b4817cbb8723a2.png

Edited by Seger

embyL0VER

You are talking about the "Skip intro" button? As far as I can tell from the specified "Skip intro" thread, intro can only skipped once by design and so the button only appears ones. But maybe I'm wrong.

For the theme/look, I think that is something that the skin developer has to implement. The theme/look of the "next up" add-on (you showed in the picture) is also integrated in the embuary skin. 

Edited by embyL0VER
  • Agree 2

Seger
3 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Sie sprechen von der Schaltfläche "Intro überspringen"? Soweit ich aus dem angegebenen "Intro überspringen"-Thread entnehmen kann, kann das Intro nur einmal konstruktionsbedingt übersprungen werden, sodass die Schaltfläche nur einmal angezeigt wird. Aber vielleicht irre ich mich.

Für das Design denke ich, dass das etwas ist, was der Skin-Entwickler implementieren muss. Das Design des "Next Up"-Add-Ons (das Sie auf dem Bild gezeigt haben) ist auch in die Embuary-Haut integriert. 

Yes, exactly. Okay, thanks for the quick info. Slowly I think I have to say goodbye to the best skin ever @sualfred is unfortunately no longer active. Is there a skin that comes so close to Emby?

Thank you

Seger 

quickmic

Yes, I used Team B's custom message box as a template highly modified.

appeared at the bottom right of the screen like in the Next Up addon (analogous to Emby)

I'm not copying the Emby's "skin" also it makes no sense. Any custom skin looks differently. What probably looks good for Embuary Skin (or others) could be terrible on others. Therefore I keep it "neutral".

Another good example are texts e.g. notifications. Some skins use left alignment, some right and others center. Therefore everything should be "neutral".

About color, also not good. The box is an opaque overlay of the video screen. The color must be well chosen to get bit of contrast. Imho a solid box is not that fancy and also very present. But feel free to modify the msg box, it's just an xml file.

the button doesn't reappear once I've pressed it away.

on purpose, usability -> when the button appears, no other action is possible and you must always press back button to skip/or confirm to initiate the jump... Very annoying when seeking.

Most thing you may find "strange" or "odd" have very good reasons for 😉

Edited by quickmic

Seger
On 8/29/2022 at 6:10 PM, quickmic said:

About color, also not good. The box is an opaque overlay of the video screen. The color must be well chosen to get bit of contrast. Imho a solid box is not that fancy and also very present. But feel free to modify the msg box, it's just an xml file.

I have edited the xml and related it to the next up plugin and adjusted the position for me, for me it is now exactly how I wanted it. Maybe I can make someone else happy with it. 

Just add the file: "addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\resources\skins\default\1080i\SkipIntroDialog.xml"

exchange.

@quickmic I don't know at all and I hope it's okay that I'm posting this here? Can you help me if necessary how I can make it so that I get it displayed again when I rewind?

Thank you and best regards

Seger

image.thumb.png.a98969c662ff1a03358d2da8d1f16f58.png

SkipIntroDialog.xml

Edited by Seger
  • Like 4

quickmic

New version available 7.7.7:

delta changelog:

fix music composer node
change episode poster from episode (Emby) primary image to series (Emby) primary
fix "NO INFO" albumartist injection when actually no albumartist info is available

comment:

Full database reset (including artwork) is required to change the episode artworks. Same for albumartists (music) update but artwork reset not required.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

I have a question about The Episode Images, so now we have a poster like image for episodes which are normally in wide format?

Poster are portrait format. Episodes had always posters, but it was the episode primary (thumbnail) image. Now episode posters are assigned to series (primary) artwork.

Edited by quickmic

embyL0VER

Ok, so if I will now go in a season of a series where it lists all episodes there were no episode thumbnails anymore but the series poster for each episode? Or how should I understand this change?

Edited by embyL0VER
Image removed

quickmic

Sorry, but I'll not explain Kodi's artwork management from scratch. There are couple of postings I already went very deep into that matter. Just try it out.

"Kodi episode poster artwork" was previously assigned to "Emby episode primary artwork". Now "Kodi episode poster artwork" is assigned to "Emby series primary artwork".

That's all I can say and is an exact description what has changed.

The impact depends on the skin used.

Edited by quickmic

embyL0VER

Yeah you don't have to explain the Kodi artwork management, but I think this is not a good change as it brakes the ability to have individual episode images in the list I posted above.

This will happen with all skins who have images assigned correctly, even in the standard skin of Kodi (estuary).

Edited by embyL0VER

quickmic
3 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Yeah you don't have to explain the Kodi artwork management, but I think this is not a good change as it brakes the ability to have individual episode images in the list I posted above.

You could change the view.

I'll wait a few more responses and see what's the feedback.

If it's also negative I'll roll it back and the artwork matter is once and for all closed. In other words, this is the final call for users reporting what's better.

View in 7.7.6 or view in 7.7.7

After this "survey" artwork changes are no longer accepted and I'll turn that stuff into a dictatorship 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

embyL0VER

So tested on my own, the list view is luckily not affected by this change but as expected other elements.

For example (I used the standard skin for testing) some series widget now shows an cutted poster.

Edited by embyL0VER
Removed Image

quickmic
16 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

So tested on my own, the list view is luckily not affected by this change but as expected other elements.

For example (I used the standard skin for testing) some series widget now shows an cutted poster.

IMG_20220901_160833.thumb.jpg.09080cd838f8496f40f0d3b4826adbb3.jpg

Your vote counted, I'll make a list. 😉

btw, no need to "convince" me. Actually I don't care which mode "wins". It's 1 minute to change the view.

Edited by quickmic
  • Haha 1

GavinCampbell
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I'll wait a few more responses and see what's the feedback.

Did some quick comparisions.  I use the old confluence skin.  Didn't notice anyhthing different.

Of course everybody's setup is going to be different.

Just wanted to give some feedback.

• Like 1

t123thomas

@Quickmic, I observed that Master lock is not working as expected in 7.7.6, I simply locked the settings ie set setting to ALL but that prevent video, movies and tv shows form working.

Please take a look and revert when this issue is fixed for further testing

Thanks

quickmic
2 hours ago, t123thomas said:

@Quickmic, I observed that Master lock is not working as expected in 7.7.6, I simply locked the settings ie set setting to ALL but that prevent video, movies and tv shows form working.

Please take a look and revert when this issue is fixed for further testing

Thanks

Seems to be a skin reload issue, BUT I haven't changed something which could cause the issue compared with previous versions. I got the impression, you want to tell me it worked in a previous version?

The master log is a Kodi function, I'm not sure if the plugin is responsible here.

Anyway, maybe I can find a workaround but seems to be an Kodi issue. Checking...

Edited by quickmic

On 29.8.2022 at 15:09, embyL0VER said:

@Seger

Für Bilder im nächsten Up and in Progress-Widget müssen Sie die richtigen Bilder im Serienordner haben.

Sie brauchen also "landscape.jpg", um einen konstanten Blick zu haben. „fanart.jpg“ wird verwendet, wenn kein „landscape.jpg“ gefunden wird. Dies funktioniert wie es sollte und sieht in Kodi wie in Emby aus.

Schau mal in Kodi:

IMG_20220829_150701.thumb.jpg.41565d2dca3216d66f2f934162923ae5.jpg

Schau mal in Emby:

IMG_20220829_150517.thumb.jpg.0b8105a1217c4eebefac77e6f76247da.jpg

Aber ja, wenn Sie von 6.x aktualisieren. bis 7.x. Version von emby-next-gen müssen Sie einen vollständigen Datenbank-Reset durchführen und sogar Ihren kompletten Thumbnail-Cache neu erstellen.

Also als Hinweis: in emby "bilder bearbeiten" muss man nach "vorschau = landscape.jpg" und "hintergrund = fanart.jpg" suchen

Landschaftsbilder sind in der Regel diejenigen, die den Namen des Films oder der Serie enthalten. Während Fanart-Bilder normalerweise zufällige Bilder ohne den Namen der Show oder des Films sind. (Manchmal finden Sie auch Bilder mit dem Namen der Show oder des Films als Fanart, aber das ist nicht beabsichtigt.)

I'll come back to it here. If it were the same for me as you write, everything would be fine. But it's not like that.

In Emby:

image.thumb.png.d7b8e756c86589a5ce3b103090ca056a.png

In Kodi:

image.png.e324a5470a43be8b5197d375e7558479.png

Ordnerstruktur:

image.png.64b60a18e60248af99a026ac0d98748d.png

In Emby the fallback takes place on fanart.jpg, since the 7... EmbyNext version the fallback in the skin (Embuary) does not take place.

In the 6... Version the fallback takes place on fanart. From my point of view just everything as in the 6 version, was great for all over the years!

Have used the latest version, database reset and deleted everything from the cache. The view is different and something has changed.

Thanks

embyL0VER

Yeah I've got your point. Fallback in emby-next-gen is not series fanart it's episode thumb I think.

Edited by embyL0VER
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Ja, ich habe deinen Punkt. Fallback in emby-next-gen ist keine Serienfanart, es ist Episodendaumen, denke ich.

Exactly can we please adjust this again? Won't say correct, but then we would be back in line with Emby after all. Thank you very much!!!

quickmic
20 minutes ago, Seger said:

Exactly can we please adjust this again? Won't say correct, but then we would be back in line with Emby after all. Thank you very much!!!

NO

embyL0VER

Don't ask me, I'm just a normal user like you and try to help if I can. This is something @quickmichas to decide or look into. - But artwork is not quickmic's favourite ... 🤣 I think we just have to wait and maybe he is looking into it again.

Edited by embyL0VER
quickmic just reacted to you as I was writing this

quickmic

Sorry, but I have enough about this endless discussions about artwork.

Only choice is between 7.7.6 or 7.7.7.

• Like 1

embyL0VER
8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Sorry, but I have enough about this endless discussions about artwork.

Only choice is between 7.7.6 or 7.7.7.

I don't want to annoy you, but I still try to figure out why you would like to give the option to change to series poster instead of episode thumb, since the "format" /"form factor" are portrait vs. wide. Is it maybe possible that you actually want to change this not to poster but instead to series landscape picture? Or what is the idea behind this?

Edited by embyL0VER

quickmic
46 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

I don;t want to annoy you, but I still try to figure out why you would like to give the option to change to series poster instead of episode thumb, since the "format" /"form factor" are portrait vs. wide. Is it maybe possible that you actually want to change this not to poster but instead to series landscape picture? Or what is the idea behind this?

This posting is not addressing you directly. It's just an explanation why I stop changing artwork on user calls.

I mentioned countless times (to ALL users complaining about artwork).

I need to know what exactly they want. I'm tired of guessing, also I see NO PROBLEM in ANY custom skins.

I got the impression users are not willing to change the views. The skins should work with its "default" config exactly how users expect it, no matter what kind of skin.

Also I changed the (Kodi) poster for episodes as requested and now it's wrong again? Sorry, but I cannot take this serious any more.

I mentioned that I would need EXACT instructions for artwork modifications and NOBODY provided me with those. Definitions like "episode thumb" or "poster" is not helping.

What kind of "episode thumb" Kodi's or Embys. YES this is a differeance, and "poster" is only a definition for Kodi NOT for Emby. I think peaople mean a jpg called "poster.jpg" in the folder is a definition of an Emby artwork? No it's not.

Emby has (beside several other) the following the "main" definitions:

image1.thumb.png.4b2e5672c6de219ccf88262bce7ffa2b.png

That's why I also mentioned (to all users) LEARN Kodi's and Emby nomenclature if you want something artwork related to be changed. Also you need to know what is loaded for each content as artwork on Emby server and how the Kodi skin-views are related to artwork selection.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types

When I explain artwork modifications, it does not leave any room for uncertainties.

e.g.

"Kodi episode poster artwork" was previously assigned to "Emby episode primary artwork". Now "Kodi episode poster artwork" is assigned to "Emby series primary artwork".

Edited by quickmic