embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

heula
11 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Not possible, that's why I'm asking (or I didn't get it)

You want 2 filters. First gropued by Fav show, second recently added. Think about how widgets work...

I assume you don't want to modify all the time the skin widget config.

e.g. node would list all fav show, then you select recently. -> the widget would show exactly the recently of ONLY this fav show. Makes not really sense.

If it is not possible than I'll just use another option for that widget.

Thanks 

quickmic
2 minutes ago, heula said:

Thanks 

I see what I can do, but exactly the same as "regular" recently added will not work.

quickmic
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Found the issue, will be fixed in next version. (not the doubles issue, cannot confirm that yet)

Unless you don't want grouping by fav TVShows. This is possible, but not sure if you want that.

quickmic
48 minutes ago, heula said:

Thanks 

Try this node and let me know if this what you want:

Just drop the node in "../userdata/library/video"

Filters are:

<rule field="tag" operator="is">Favorite tvshows</rule>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">0</rule>
    <rule field="inprogress" operator="false" />

recentlyaddedepisodes_fav_show.xml

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 minute ago, heula said:

Thanks, will try it later and let you know 

btw, feel free modifying them. e.g. removing...

...just lists episodes added by fav show. Grouping maybe also possible. Have  look at genre nodes -> grouping option. -> <group>genres</group>

maybe <group>tvshows</group> or <group>tvshow</group>, not sure (Kodi syntax).

btw, that's "regular" Kodi node functionalities. You can use anything you want, the plugin fully supports ANY nodes (for synced content).

The (predefined) custom nodes of the plugin just adds the most common used nodes by default (for convenience), but not limited to them.

embyL0VER
19 hours ago, quickmic said:

Found the issue, will be fixed in next version. (not the doubles issue, cannot confirm that yet)

Thanks for looking into it. Will check new version as soon as available. Thanks again.

quickmic

New version available 7.7.2:

delta changelog:

fix artwork cache (special character issue)
fix progress update issue for edge cases
fix gueststar cast issue
much faster database reset
fix add users to session
fix artwork cache for photos and photoalbum
fix minor bookmark issue for episodes
add trailer support for tvshows
lot of changes in Kodi database (using exactly same pattern as stock Kodi)

Comment:
Database reset not mandatory, but recommended.
Cast will not be updated without database reset
tvshow trailers not added without database reset

General:
This was the last version where I accept additional feature requests.
Focusing on bug reports only -> releasing as next beta/stable.
I keep it as sideload (only) for the next week(s) till no more bug are reported and then pushing it to Emby-Kodi repos.
All new feature request(s) will be added in 8.X
Any bug reports are welcome!
Thanks for all the testing, very appreciated!!!

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 3

smernt
20 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New version available 7.7.2:

delta changelog:

fix artwork cache (special character issue)
fix progress update issue for edge cases
fix gueststar cast issue
much faster database reset
fix add users to session
fix artwork cache for photos and photoalbum
fix minor bookmark issue for episodes
add trailer support for tvshows
lot of changes in Kodi database (using exactly same pattern as stock Kodi)

Comment:
Database reset not mandatory, but recommended.
Cast will not be updated without database reset
tvshow trailers not added without database reset

General:
This was the last version where I accept additional feature requests.
Focusing on bug reports only -> releasing as next beta/stable.
I keep it as sideload (only) for the next week(s) till no more bug are reported and then pushing it to Emby-Kodi repos.
All new feature request(s) will be added in 8.X
Any bug reports are welcome!
Thanks for all the testing, very appreciated!!!

Hey, just wondering, did you manage to add the smaller/fancier version of the skip intro pop up to these new versions?

quickmic
1 minute ago, smernt said:

Hey, just wondering, did you manage to add the smaller/fancier version of the skip intro pop up to these new versions?

Yes, actually since 7.7.1

• Like 1

heula
On 8/4/2022 at 6:17 PM, quickmic said:

btw, feel free modifying them. e.g. removing...

...just lists episodes added by fav show. Grouping maybe also possible. Have  look at genre nodes -> grouping option. -> <group>genres</group>

maybe <group>tvshows</group> or <group>tvshow</group>, not sure (Kodi syntax).

btw, that's "regular" Kodi node functionalities. You can use anything you want, the plugin fully supports ANY nodes (for synced content).

The (predefined) custom nodes of the plugin just adds the most common used nodes by default (for convenience), but not limited to them.

I have put the file in the folder and restarted Kod but I see nowhere an option for recently added episodes for favorite tv shows.

Than I tried It with Embuary helper and there was exactly what I was looking for.

It is called favorite tv show items and when I clicked on that, there were multiple option such as recent added unwatched episodes and tv shows.

I use that widget now. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

quickmic

New version available 7.7.3:

delta changelog:

fix date conversion issue for pictures
change artwork cache messages order
remove some unnecessary database records
use stagger Kodi scan (more reliable due to lower load)

quickmic
3 minutes ago, Centory said:

Hi. The animated symbol I have deactivated, but it does not work, it's always animated.

Well it will not be disabled everywhere. The notifications can be toggled but e.g. configuration menu icon is currently hardcoded.

I think I can change it in one of the next versions.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic

New version available 7.7.4:

delta changelog:

improve plugin icon toggle

@Centory

Try this version. The icon toggle requires a Kodi restart (to change the plugin icon as well).

In your case maybe you need to do it twice (due to the change). -> Install new version, select animated icon. Restart Kodi, and select regular icon and restart again.

btw, in next version I'll disable the animated icon by default. It's better, cause it uses some additional resources. Not too good for low spec devices. So will be an opt-in not an opt-out feature.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

RaptorCentauri

Here is somewhat of a strange error regarding Cinema Mode using Native Mode.

If I play a movie that has trailers included, those trailers are played before the movie. However on other Emby devices trailers for different movies are played. It also appears that other intro videos do not play on kodi.

I have not tested anything with add-on mode.

Let me know if there are further things I can test to help with the issue.

quickmic
19 minutes ago, RaptorCentauri said:

Here is somewhat of a strange error regarding Cinema Mode using Native Mode.

If I play a movie that has trailers included, those trailers are played before the movie. However on other Emby devices trailers for different movies are played. It also appears that other intro videos do not play on kodi.

I have not tested anything with add-on mode.

Let me know if there are further things I can test to help with the issue.

Hard to say, such sort of issues must be debugged in stages. There are two option in plugin. Local trailers and "regular".

You must test each settings individualy, NOT combined. Otherwise a pattern cannot be found. Also, compare it with Emby servers web UI not other (device) apps. Emby WebUi playback counts.

Also the settings of the plugin MUST match with Emby Web UI playback.

e.g.

Enable "local trailers only" on plugin AND enable local "local trailers only" on Emby server's WebUI for SAME content and the SAME user etc.

If so, please report the gap between both and I'm capable to review the issue.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

btw @ all:

These test instructions are recommended for all issues.

A single incidence could be random, second is a pattern and third is a confirmed issue.

Edited by quickmic

RaptorCentauri
25 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Hard to say, such sort of issues must be debugged in stages. There are two option in plugin. Local trailers and "regular".

You must test each settings individualy, NOT combined. Otherwise a pattern cannot be found. Also, compare it with Emby servers web UI not other (device) apps. Emby WebUi playback counts.

Also the settings of the plugin MUST match with Emby Web UI playback.

e.g.

Enable "local trailers only" on plugin AND enable local "local trailers only" on Emby server's WebUI for SAME content and the SAME user etc.

If so, please report the gap between both and I'm capable to review the issue.

I'll do some further testing following these parameters. It will most likely be a few days.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
4 minutes ago, RaptorCentauri said:

I'll do some further testing following these parameters. It will most likely be a few days.

I'll also perform some test, maybe I find something as well.

Edited by quickmic

embyL0VER

Hi quickmic, thank you for your ongoing support. Tested the new build of next-gen (7.7.4) and can confirm that gueststars are now shown under casts in episodes. However some actors on some episodes were still shown twice but I found the culprit.

The problem seems that if synced to Kodi, actors for episodes will also show the actors from the main TV show. This is not the case in emby itself. For example if you scrape your metadata in emby and use tmdb and tvdb, the actors for tvshow emby uses are the ones from tvdb. For episodes cast emby uses the names from tmdb. This triggers double shown actors on episodes in Kodi if the rolenames from tvshow actors (tvdb) doesn't exactly match the rolenames from episode actors (tmdb).

So is it possible to make Kodi only show/sync episode cast for episodes and exclude the tvshow cast from episodes?

Wenn ich es besser auf Deutsch erklären soll PM.

Edited by embyL0VER

quickmic
6 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

Hi quickmic, thank you for your ongoing support. Tested the new build of next-gen (7.7.4) and can confirm that gueststars are now shown under casts in episodes. However some actors on some episodes were still shown twice but I found the culprit.

The problem seems that if synced to Kodi, actors for episodes will also show the actors from the main TV show. This is not the case in emby itself. For example if you scrape your metadata in emby and use tmdb and tvdb, the actors for tvshow emby uses are the ones from tvdb. For episodes cast emby uses the names from tmdb. This triggers double shown actors on episodes in Kodi if the rolenames from tvshow actors (tvdb) doesn't exactly match the rolenames from episode actors (tmdb).

So is it possible to make Kodi only show/sync episode cast for episodes and exclude the tvshow cast from episodes?

Wenn ich es besser auf Deutsch erklären soll PM.

No problem got you.

Please try with default skin and look for duplicated there. Actually, you cannot change the view from plugins options. Maybe in Kodi options, anyway the plugin assigns episode actors to episodes and tvshow actors to tvshows (as it should be). Kodi's database is designed that way and makes sense. If you have the same actor assigned to episode an tvshow it could result in duplicates (not tested).

Can you confirm that the same actor is assigned to both (on Emby server)? This would explain the observed issue.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

embyL0VER

@quickmic, 

in emby Server werden die Schauspieler in Episoden nicht doppelt angezeigt und werden auch nicht doppelt in den Episoden "NFO" dateien aufgeführt. 

In KODi werden am Ende der Episoden Schauspielerliste aber auch noch die von der TVShow angezeigt wenn die Rollennamen unterschiedlich sind.

TVShow actors (diese passen wie in emby) - "Detective Sonny Crockett"

IMG_20220811_104151.thumb.jpg.3b701ca65d90f77d952b28db5377ea27.jpg

Episode actors (Am Anfang wie in emby) - "James Crockett"

IMG_20220811_103939.thumb.jpg.b9f93ec29aecc0fbdda7fa9589f6d3f7.jpg

Episode actors (Am Ende doppelt)

IMG_20220811_104052.thumb.jpg.7b38ade6fb1617e76ae587a021a0ee79.jpg

• Thanks 1