embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

Onana

Hi

On latest beta test version, scanning music library stops on 100% , do not finalize and crash kodi.

Restarting kodi repeats the process.

Edited by Onana

quickmic
2 hours ago, Onana said:

Hi

On latest beta test version, scanning music library stops on 100% , do not finalize and crash kodi.

Restarting kodi repeats the process.

I need a log for review.

quickmic
2022-05-02 11:19:53.326 T:15240    INFO <general>: CAddonMgr::FindAddons: plugin.video.emby-next-gen v6.2.15 installed

Edited by quickmic

Onana

uninstall plugin.

install new one.

reset database.

clear cache on kodi

restart kodi and tried to scan music database, it reachs100% stay there for a while and then Kodi crash without warning

quickmic
7 minutes ago, Onana said:

uninstall plugin.

install new one.

reset database.

clear cache on kodi

restart kodi and tried to scan music database, it reachs100% stay there for a while and then Kodi crash without warning

Ok, so both version 6.x. and 7.x have the same issue.

I rule out a general issue. Artists and Albums are correctly added, last records were just before Songs are added.

Can you test on a PC/Mac?

JeffAlef

Good morning, I formatted my PC and I can't go back to what I've already produced, how do I go back to the content I've already produced, I'm not getting it, even my access and login password always gives an error, all the time I have to keep clicking on forgot password to enter.
Can you help me?

quickmic
9 minutes ago, JeffAlef said:

Good morning, I formatted my PC and I can't go back to what I've already produced, how do I go back to the content I've already produced, I'm not getting it, even my access and login password always gives an error, all the time I have to keep clicking on forgot password to enter.
Can you help me?

Is this an emby for next-gen plugin issue? There is no "forgot password" option/button.

Onana

New kodi installation on a windows 11 machine. No crash , but scanning just reached 12% after scanning albums and stays there forever

quickmic
1 minute ago, Onana said:

New kodi installation on a windows 11 machine. No crash , but scanning just reached 12% after scanning albums and stays there forever

Please send me also a log from Windows setup.

JeffAlef
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Este é um emby para um problema de plug-in de última geração? Não há opção/botão "esqueci a senha".

I have an Emby Premiere and I was uploading movies and series content, but I formatted my PC and I can't find anything anymore and the password and login always give errors, how do I solve this, I lose all the settings I made before I had to format the PC ?

image.png

quickmic
2 minutes ago, JeffAlef said:
I have an Emby Premiere and I was uploading movies and series content, but I formatted my PC and I can't find anything anymore and the password and login always give errors, how do I solve this, I lose all the settings I made before I had to format the PC ?

image.png

This doesn't sound like a plugin issue. This is the emby-for-kodi-next-gen support thread.

Please open a new thread in one of the Emby support subforums.

JeffAlef
7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Isso não soa como um problema de plugin. Este é o tópico de suporte emby-for-kodi-next-gen.

Por favor, abra um novo tópico em um dos subfóruns de suporte do Emby.

Thank

quickmic
6 minutes ago, Onana said:

I see there is a issue with one of your Songs, but no detailed info in the log.

I've send you a debug version.

Please perform another test on Windows and send me the log

Onana

Sorry ,

I already uninstalled kodi because that windows machine is just for work.

Anyway in emby app on nvidia shield everything works just fine.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, Onana said:

Sorry ,

I already uninstalled kodi because that windows machine is just for work.

Anyway in emby app on nvidia shield everything works just fine.

You can use a potable Kodi version (no need to install).

The Windows log shows an issue, which is according to my knowledge impossible.

One of your items has no EmbyID. I could not think of any case, were this is valid. That's why the debug version prints the complete item metadata in the log.

Of course, I could just ignore the issue, but actually I wanna know how this could happen and not ignoring the symptoms.

quickmic

btw, the song which causes the issue has no valid Album data. That's why the plugin tries to query the album data again from Emby server, but seems "weird" data was returned from Emby server.

quickmic
16 minutes ago, Onana said:

just send pm

I've send you another version which should fix the issue.

Actually this case should never happen. The song "C:\\Users\\vitor\\Mount\\Music\\Album\\Hawkwind\\Zones [1983]\\10 - Hawkwind - Brainstorm.flac" has (according to Song metadata) an Album assigned:

"Album":"Zones",
   "AlbumId":"267347"

When the plugin queries this Album, Emby server returns nothing.

Seems this a very special case or, that's what I think. The Album is for some reason already broken on Emby server.

Edited by quickmic

838Joel
On 5/1/2022 at 1:28 PM, quickmic said:

please send me a kodi.log after your sync is complete (including all the sync data), not a clean log.

Couldn't get the log this time! Sorry...

Did upgrade to latest and had not get the problem yet... Will try to reset the db and see...

• Like 1

phunzie

with 7.0.1 build 32 i was having too much trouble with music cover art missing and library updates hanging, so went back to 7.0.0 build 716, which hasn't had those problems....looking forward to trying out next release 

Edited by phunzie
  • Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, phunzie said:

with 7.0.1 build 32 i was having too much trouble with music cover art missing and library updates hanging, so went back to 7.0.0 build 716, which hasn't had those problems....looking forward to trying out next release 

I'll send you a debug version tomorrow, maybe today afternoon.