playback frezzes while playing the tv show

AndyXH
Go to solution Solved by softworkz,

AndyXH

Hello, Please see attached video on what's happening i try to fast forward and just get the spinning circle and nothing happens 

Edited by AndreaXheli

SamES

Is it only just this file?  It would seem that maybe it's badly encoded

SamES

Your sample is playing fine for me with DirectPlay.

If I force it to transcode, it also plays fine, no issues.

I did have a few issues playing this (and some of my own files) earlier in the week, but I had an issue with one of my network switches playing up.

It would be worth checking that all your network equipment is working correctly.  Noting your comments in your other issue, it would be worth checking out your network as I've seen network issues cause some weird playback problems.

No audio when playing transcoded files - Samsung Smart TV - Emby Community

AndyXH

What if you fast forward ? IT playas fine for me too until i fast forwarded and never dose or it takes forever.

Also I just replaced my network switch and I even revied the logs on it no issues.

The other issue No audio when playing transcoded files - Samsung Smart TV - Emby Community this only happens to some files only then its being transcoded. I tired it on Plex and im not getting this issue and I checked these files specific. I don't know what else i can do. :( 

SamES

Yes, I tried fast forward but will have another try.

Why do you have a bitrate limit set, is that just to force it to transcode for a test?

AndyXH

Hmmm, I know if I use the web I don’t have any issues with the fast forward & play back seems to be on the tv app more.

second issues with the audio not working on transcode those are different files then the one I sent you. I set the TV internet playback to auto then it dose a transcode then the audio issue happens but not on all files if I set the internet playback to 1080P 35mb no issues dose direct play audio works fine normally if it was a network issue I would think it would be the save results very strange 

SamES
58 minutes ago, andreaxheli said:

second issues with the audio not working on transcode those are different files then the one I sent you. I set the TV internet playback to auto then it dose a transcode then the audio issue happens but not on all files if I set the internet playback to 1080P 35mb no issues dose direct play audio works fine normally if it was a network issue I would think it would be the save results very strange 

Unfortunately it's these inconsistent results that make it hard to reproduce and troubleshoot.  Inconsistent results generally lead me to think network issues as network performance can be highly variable.  Unfortunately, compared to other devices, TV's are rather low performance devices and don't have a lot of tolerance for network issues.

Platforms like Netflix highly optimise all their media to suit the platform.  For example, their full 4K videos are only 15Mbits, whereas the media most Emby users are trying to play can be >20Mbit for 1080 and exceeding 50Mbit for 4K.  The TV's generally only have 100MBit LAN ports, so we are often pushing/exceeding the limits of the TV.

Have you tried a different type of network connection? wired or wireless?  

AndyXH

I know what you mean!! Inside my network there’s no issues on auto and since is inside the network the speeds are good! This seems to happen when someone is screaming outside and if it’s on auto it doesn’t work very well on some files. Dose that make sense now ? I’d be more then happy to creat and account for you on my server so you can test it yourself I don’t know if that’s going to help with anything ? 

AndyXH

So i did a few tests from my laptop via web and no issues at all direct or transcode. Since im at home i have it on Auto and its direct play but i droped the quality to 1080P 5M and while i was on the laptop didnt have any issues. I tired the same thing on the Samsung TV app and on Auto it works and when i drop the quality down that its transcoding lost the voice right away and i put it back to auto and the voice came back. Now this is while im at home. At my work office since im remote Auto dose transcode so what i do it set it to 1080P 25m or highter so it can be direct play. I hope this makes. this seems to be more related to the app then the server. 

Edited by andreaxheli

AndyXH

Also, i dont know that plex dose different but i just tired it on their software and im not getting any of these issue.

Can you try a portable install of the 4.6.7 stable server and see how that compares? Thanks.

SamES

Luke would have to comment, but downgrading will depend on whether there were changes to the database and a few other files.  

As you have proven that this is related to a server issue, I expect Luke will find and provide a fix soon for testing.

AndyXH

Thank you for you reply. Not a problem at all I’ll stay on 4.7.32 so we can test and get this fixed :) I want to thank both of you for looking into this. I’m sorry for being a pain. 

• Thanks 1

SamES
12 minutes ago, andreaxheli said:

Thank you for you reply. Not a problem at all I’ll stay on 4.7.32 so we can test and get this fixed :) I want to thank both of you for looking into this. I’m sorry for being a pain. 

No problem, not a pain at all.  Sometimes these issues are just hard to pin down, thanks for being patient.