Time change breaks scheduled recordings

rocky_mtn

rocky_mtn

Am I doing something wrong? For the past 5 years, twice a year I have to delete all my scheduled recordings when we change the clocks because all of them change from “Will Record” to “Will NOT Record”. I just figure it’s something I’m doing wrong since it’s 2022 I’d think the devs would have this figured out. Please help save my sanity?! 

Thanks!

Edited by rocky_mtn

Hi, we'll take a look at it, but you didn't need to go to that extreme. Just restarting the server after the time change would have been good enough.

• Thanks 1

SHSPVR
On 3/13/2022 at 12:03 PM, rocky_mtn said:

Am I doing something wrong? For the past 5 years, twice a year I have to delete all my scheduled recordings when we change the clocks because all of them change from “Will Record” to “Will NOT Record”. I just figure it’s something I’m doing wrong since it’s 2022 I’d think the devs would have this figured out. Please help save my sanity?! 

Thanks!

Just case you did know this and if you're in USA there doing away daylight saving as of now Senate passes bill to make daylight saving time to make it permanent next the House then idf pass then sign into law for 2023

Odd that you have problem like this what are you using to record beside Emby ?.

rocky_mtn
9 hours ago, SHSPVR said:

Just case you did know this and if you're in USA there doing away daylight saving as of now Senate passes bill to make daylight saving time to make it permanent next the House then idf pass then sign into law for 2023

I am just using Emby by itself. Emby guide data and my IPTV provider as a TV source as well as my OTA channels. It’s done it since day one of me starting using Emby, even when I was using schedules direct as a guide source.
I mean, my system is relatively complicated but runs smooth as butter 99.9% of the time. I’d be glad to elaborate on exactly how I have it setup if someone thought it may help to know and solve the issue.

Either I’m doing something fundamentally wrong, or there has to be other complaints about this in the past I’m just not able to find through searching the forum. I honestly figured because I couldn’t find any other complaints, that it had to be something I was doing wrong specifically. I wonder if it has to do with the check box for record settings labeled “Record at any time”? I always remove that tick because I don’t want it to record except at the specific time I designate. 🤷‍♂️ 

SHSPVR
56 minutes ago, rocky_mtn said:

I am just using Emby by itself. Emby guide data and my IPTV provider as a TV source as well as my OTA channels. It’s done it since day one of me starting using Emby, even when I was using schedules direct as a guide source.
I mean, my system is relatively complicated but runs smooth as butter 99.9% of the time. I’d be glad to elaborate on exactly how I have it setup if someone thought it may help to know and solve the issue.

Either I’m doing something fundamentally wrong, or there has to be other complaints about this in the past I’m just not able to find through searching the forum. I honestly figured because I couldn’t find any other complaints, that it had to be something I was doing wrong specifically. I wonder if it has to do with the check box for record settings labeled “Record at any time”? I always remove that tick because I don’t want it to record except at the specific time I designate. 🤷‍♂️ 

That is odd I don't what tell you.

10 hours ago, SHSPVR said:

They did pass the bill, but I've resolved this for the next release of Emby Server anyway. It will still help the server react immediately if the admin ever changes the system clock manually.

• Thanks 1

SHSPVR
On 3/17/2022 at 7:54 PM, Luke said:

They did pass the bill, but I've resolved this for the next release of Emby Server anyway. It will still help the server react immediately if the admin ever changes the system clock manually.

Yes it pass the Senate but it still has go before the House than if pass there then it sign in law unless it veto by president then Nov 2023 is when it ends for good

Edited by SHSPVR

• 2 weeks later...