music not playing on carplay

chart100

chart100

unfortunately it doesn't play most tracks from my emby server as it says "there was a problem loading this content".

To cross check I play the same song from local windows client and it works fine.

what can be done to troubleshoot this?

Hi there, yes please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this. Thanks.

On 3/13/2022 at 5:42 AM, chart100 said:

IMG_5382.PNG.2427fc20db192a7786782a66f7afc79f.PNG

Hi, are you still running into this with Emby for iOS 2.1.3?

andige

Hi!

I think this is caused by the same issue I described here:

I get the same message. After a little bit of waiting it works. This seems to be caused by pre-downloading the complete (!) folder instead of only the actual song. This happens only with carplay.

I will try this again today with the newer version. I only tested it with 2.1.2 😞

chart100
11 hours ago, Luke said:

I see this came out 2 days ago, I will test again and let you know.

Thanks

chart100
15 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi @Luke I just tested it today with newest Emby for iOS. I do have a good 4G/5G signal with decent speeds.

Unfortunately the error still comes up, it does disappear temporarily but then there are extended delays between each folder selection when traversing the library.

I have an absolutely massive library so perhaps somewhat related to @andige library loading issues.

andige

I also tried it with 2.1.3

The problem persists.

I tried playing playlists and different albums and both compared the downloaded data and also the data transmitted from my server. The actual downloaded data matches exactly the complete content of the playlists/albums.The slower the internet connection the longer it takes to load the data. If it takes too long (there seems to be some latency check) the message "there was a problem loading this content" appears. However, after the download of the complete playlist/album has finished, playback works fine. Playing a playlist which contains only one song works instantly.

carplay_error.jpg.b38cb3c7a3283876712e09bc9d094410.jpg

Again, this problem only appears when using carplay. The emby app used directly on the phone does not show this behaviour and does not create this amount of unnecessary traffic.

OK, please let us know how the upcoming app update compares once it is released. Thanks.

chart100
On 3/28/2022 at 5:13 PM, Luke said:

OK, please let us know how the upcoming app update compares once it is released. Thanks.

I think its improved quite a bit but not resolved entirely as the timeout still occurs when traversing folders.

OK, we are working on a new round of carplay updates. Thanks for the feedback.

• 8 months later...
chart100

hi,

just resubscribed to premium and I still have the exact same issues.

it seems to try preloading and times out.

Any progress made to resolve this?

Edited by chart100

Finknottle

Hi,

I'm a new user of emby premiere, and I have the same problem with apple carplay - frequent timeouts with 'There was a problem loading this content'. It seems to be somewhat dependent on the speed and strength of mobile signal. If I use the app on the phone, connected via bluetooth to the car, the problem does not occur.

• 2 weeks later...

HI, we'll have a new iOS app update out soon with another round of improvement. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

HI, Emby for iOS 2.2.6 has been released. Please try it out and let us know how it compares. Thanks !

• 4 months later...
MikaKy

Hi, 

I'm experiencing this Carplay problem still with the latest IOS app 2.2.8 and Linux server 4.7.13.0.  I have tagged favourite artists and albums, that I like to browse from the Carplay UI. Usually the first browsing event times out. After second (or third) time it starts to work. Same happens in playback, first try fails. No problems or delays whatsoever using the app itself, even with Carplay (but of course not a good idea when driving). My library is huge also.

Cappie76

Bonjour, j'ai exactement le même problème sur carplay les playlists ne charge pas ou mettent du temps et c'est super long, avez vous trouvé une solution car spotify fonctionne parfaitement bien.

Je n'utilise que emby et je suis un peu déçu que ça ne fonctionne pas.

Cordialement

• 1 month later...
Spiff6418

+1 on the issue. Server 4.7.13.0 on QNAP TS-251 running QTS 5.1.0.2466 + IOS 2.2.10

App Connects to server, loads all data up to song lists, then nothing...

Sample Log attached

logs.rtf

39 minutes ago, Spiff6418 said:

+1 on the issue. Server 4.7.13.0 on QNAP TS-251 running QTS 5.1.0.2466 + IOS 2.2.10

App Connects to server, loads all data up to song lists, then nothing...

Sample Log attached

logs.rtf 2.17 kB · 0 downloads

Hi there, can you please attach the log file in it's original plain text format? Thanks.

Spiff6418

whoops did not realise textedit had saved in rtf

here is an edited version of the logs (e.g. i've deleted many lines related to LiveTV that were just noice for this troubleshoot).

I suspect the sections ***error report*** to be of interest they are synchronous to the attempts at having CarPlay to work

Please note that Emby works perfectly fine in the car when not using Carplay (logs will show), CarPlay however does not play songs, everything fine up to the display of the list of songs, but pressing a song does not play it...

Cheers

embyserver-63827395199.txt