Need to get a handle on my Movie dates - is Timelord the only option ?

vaise

vaise

I use nfo files.

I recently moved all my movies to be under an alphabet folder (all the A's together, B's etc etc).  In addition I removed and re-added then to radarr for this (which should have set the date/time to the 'In Cinema' date.  My dates in emby are a bit of a mismatch.  I understand the NFO's would have overidden the date stamps anyway.

Summary of where I want to be - the date added is the premiere date - just once - so the latest media for the Movies does not show really old random stuff.

I am looking at other options rather than deleting all nfo files and the movies library, then re-adding it to re-scanning it all to re-create the nfo's (will do that if I have to).  

The timelord plugin - I could use that just once to get all the dates back in order - But does it update the nfo's ?

As the release date is in the metadata, are there any manual tools that can copy that date to the date added ?  Some sort of mass nfo editor ? a script or something ?

Maybe all I need is something that reads all nfo's and copies the <releasedate>2016-03-10</releasedate> to <dateadded>2021-10-25 05:59:41</dateadded> and resets the time on the date added.

Does the data get copied to the database at all ?  or is it just the nfo's ?

Happy2Play
7 hours ago, vaise said:

The timelord plugin - I could use that just once to get all the dates back in order - But does it update the nfo's ?

To my knowledge it just adjusts the database not the nfo file.

7 hours ago, vaise said:

Does the data get copied to the database at all ?  or is it just the nfo's ?

Date/Datetime is written to their prespective column in the database in Unix Timestamp (1646850364 "time of this post).

But have been looking to do the same thing in my xml files but haven't quiet figured it out as the formats are different for me.  Will have to look but there should be a simple regex script to copy from premieredate to dateadded.

GrimReaper
8 hours ago, vaise said:

Some sort of mass nfo editor ?

You can use a 3rd-party tool and get that done in few clicks by batch-editing.

Untitled.thumb.png.a3d544cc58163bf33ae380b5c61052cc.png

Untitled2.thumb.png.0cc4e567c679ee19d84b3b31798ae693.png

• Like 2

vaise

Wow, Thanks @grimreaper.  That did everything I wanted currently, for free, and instantly. 

It also opened my eyes to a few issues I had with other movies.

• Like 1

vaise

One strange thing with this that threw me but may help others - If you add the premier date, and the date added to the view screen - the date added is NOT the date that is showing as date added in the nfo.  I kept running @grimreapers process above, and that was not changing - but in the actual NFO's, it is changing correctly.

I have no idea where this 'ghost' dateadded column is coming from - it is not the file date (as that is the same as my premier date from radarr re-import).

I just took it away so it does not bother me at all.

image.png.0da5f6bb806eadd46640d10ff03c4642.png

GrimReaper
30 minutes ago, vaise said:

I have no idea where this 'ghost' dateadded column is coming from - it is not the file date (as that is the same as my premier date from radarr re-import).

Wild guess would be that is original <dateadded> that was present in NFO upon initial import; if you right-click on one movie>"Remove selected movie(s) (database)">Update source, does it show correct/updated Date added in the UI?

vaise

@grimreaper - That did the trick - as in the date added now matches the cinema date

Could I ask what that process is actually doing ?  Is it removing the nfo, then re-creating it ? 

Do I need to worry about this issue ? - as I imagine I could do that all in emby - i.e remove the library, search and delete all nfo's, then re-add library ?  I had to manually fix up a few it could not recognise in the past and di not want to have to do all that again.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, vaise said:

Could I ask what that process is actually doing ?  Is it removing the nfo, then re-creating it ? 

My guess would be purging TMM database and reimporting.  And yes it is rewriting the nfo file to TMM layout but really has no effect on reading said nodes.

1 hour ago, vaise said:

Do I need to worry about this issue ?

Not that I can image.  But it will make RTM go crazy for awhile as it will see ever update. 

Edited by Happy2Play
added info

Happy2Play

Do see one side effect with Day light saving and TMM using 00:00:00.

image.png.688d0e90ed3b0bfd46d17b48aee09135.png

image.png.bb466313824e5f853147fe7fe8e1a642.png

image.png.fae5b6a58a66d7ff9a368732cb81d32d.png

<premiered>2017-07-26</premiered>
<releasedate>2017-07-26</releasedate>
<dateadded>2017-07-26 00:00:00</dateadded>

@GrimReaperYou seeing this?

But @Lukemay need to take a look at Edit Metadata.

Emby metadata

<dateadded>2021-04-01 16:13:53</dateadded>

image.png.211fb4818833790b3795b52e501188c2.png

image.png.8308a05be51dc6e28ca43e26f640db2a.png

My have to rebuild test portable to see if this is just a old issue.  As I do see mixed results.

image.png.8b65b8e90a69f4c25484fefd284a1a4d.png

image.png.e20cb966b95ed83270855aa5b3a5d07b.png

GrimReaper
5 hours ago, vaise said:

@grimreaper - That did the trick - as in the date added now matches the cinema date

3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

My guess would be purging TMM database and reimporting.

Exactly. That only removes item from TMM db and reads it back, it doesn't affect your files and/or NFO, it was already rewritten in previous step, it's just reimporting it reading same NFO data.

5 hours ago, vaise said:

Do I need to worry about this issue ?

I don't see why should you, you're just reading existing NFOs (with data you have), rewriting it with changed <dateadded> (and all other data being the same, unless you scrape with TMM, in which case you might see some changes, but as long as you only read/write back and forth it's a painless and very quick process) and having Emby read that back (either RTM or manual/scheduled Scan task).

3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

@GrimReaperYou seeing this?

Nope, my db is relatively recent (and in my place DST starts end of March), few random items I've checked all had "exact date 00:00" same as <dateadded>. Though personally I wouldn't be phased too much even if it reverted to a day before, reckon it's minor annoyance which should have minimal impact on library order anyway. 🤷‍♂️