Please add support for Android Automotive

tfloydlex

tfloydlex

Android Automotive.  Not to be confused with Android Auto.  

"As compared to Android Auto, Android Automotive is a full operating system that can power the entire experience when driving. It’s installed on the head unit available in the cabin, so it’s in charge of everything from the moment you turn on the engine to the one when you leave the car. -AutoEvolution.com"

I have Android Automotive in my Polestar 2.  And while its not as popular as Android Auto yet, its pretty impressive.  Its gaining more traction too.  I hear GMC, Cadillac and many others are using it now too.  Emby, please add a compatible app for Android Automotive in the google play store.  Are there any plans for this?

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
MajesticMaerlyn

Yep, sorry for the duplicate @ebr- my search for android auto didn't find this for some reason. With all the car manufactorers on board for this, be nice to get Emby on there :)

sydlexius

Does anybody else laugh then die inside when they see a ToS notification like this?

4-980x7531.jpg.c5b6ea3f7735e3bc5a7c89ba390881c3.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
klausm
On 3/4/2022 at 5:57 AM, Luke said:

Hi, we'll take a look at this !

I have the biggest problems with Apple Car Play for playing music - so I hope for the emby app for AAos.

Spotify can do it on AAos too after all....

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
benpicard

Hello, i will like to add a vote to that.

I just got a new car with AAos. Support for Emby (mostly for music) would be crazy.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
MWerts

Hey Luke,

We have not heard anything more about the Emby Client for Android Automotive, what is the status and is there going to be a client. Plex already has a Client for Android Automotive. This one is for music only, but that alone would be really nice. That's what I use most in the car