Shows not showing on Kodi

ampakal

ampakal

I have been running emby for a several years.  Easy setup and I like being able to watch it remotely.   I almost exclusively use kodi on various devices to access emby.  On my main kodi, which runs on a raspi4, I use the janitor plugin to clean up watched episodes.  

Until recently when I made a folder stricture change, it was working perfectly.  Since I use janitor and have several tv series I want to keep.  I now have more serious than exclusions that janitor allows, therefore I have created a second folder called saved tv.  Now just one exclusion to keep track of.  

I added this second folder to my library.  Emby sees the episodes.  I have the folder as a source on kodi.  Kodi starts to see the episodes when emby is scanning the folders.  After the scan is completed, kodi still displays the various series but shows 0/0 for the number of episodes.  Therefore I cannot watch them.  

My kodi is using direct playback since both the server and kodi are on my internal network.  

Second issue I have is auto organize not deleting folders after it organized a show or movie.  This was working before switching to dsm7.  

The only other issue I have is kodi doesn't seem to get updates from emby server unless kodi is restarted daily.  Simple fix with a cron job.  

Anyone have thoughts on what is going on?  

Attached pics to help show what is going on. 

20220303_012430.jpg

20220303_224821.jpg

Screenshot_20220303-221433_Solid Explorer.jpg

Screenshot_20220303-221554_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20220303-224354_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20220303-221354_Emby.jpg

quickmic

What emby for kodi version are you using?

4 hours ago, ampakal said:

The only other issue I have is kodi doesn't seem to get updates from emby server unless kodi is restarted daily.  Simple fix with a cron job.  

Sounds you have a websocket connection issue. Send a text msg from Emby server to Kodi for verification.

ampakal

4 hours ago, quickmic said:

What emby for kodi version are you using?

Sounds you have a websocket connection issue. Send a text msg from Emby server to Kodi for verification.

I am running emby-next- 5.3.2

I could send a message to my kodi.  Had to restart emby on my pi just to see if as an active device but then I could send the message and see the message on my kodi. 

quickmic
9 hours ago, ampakal said:

I could send a message to my kodi.  Had to restart emby on my pi just to see if as an active device but then I could send the message and see the message on my kodi. 

That's good and means websocket is ok.

Currently not sure what's the actual status. Have you reset the Kodi's/plugins database. Actually sounds like something went wrong (Kodi sync) when you reorganized your Emby libraries. Also as you added new libraries, they must be added (manually) on Kodi too -> plugin config menu.

By such massive restructure on Emby server I recommend a database reset on Kodi. Theoretically it should work without it, but could take very very long. Hours maybe days, depends on the content volume. Interruption during this sync is not recommended, so better start fresh.

I also recommend, upgrade to 6.x. As you should wipe your db anyway, you can also upgrade.

Edited by quickmic

ampakal

I see see detail versions of 6.x to install.  Is there one that is more stable?  Or should I just go with the highway number? 

ampakal

Doing a database reset did the trick.  Everything now is showing up.  Not sure why I never tried that before.  Makes sense though.  

I also installed emby next gen 6.2.11

• Like 1

quickmic
31 minutes ago, ampakal said:

I see see detail versions of 6.x to install.  Is there one that is more stable?  Or should I just go with the highway number? 

This is the next stable version and will be released in the next one or two weeks. Yes more stable and many changes, however. Main reason 5.x -> 6.x requires mandatory DB resync. As you did it anyway, you don't have to again when published.

• 3 weeks later...
ampakal

Sorry for the very long delay, it is all working as far as shows now after the update and resetting the local database.  

The folders still aren't being cleaned by auto organize.  Any thoughts on that?