When will 4.7 release?

wordlover

wordlover

It looks like server version 4.7 has been in beta now for nine months. I have been observing the admonition not to install it just to be able to take advantage of its features. When will it be officially released? An even somewhat precise prediction from the developers would be most appreciated by many, many users who have been contributing suggestions. 

HouseOfCards

Developers don't usually respond with anything other than "when it's ready, it's ready"...  I'm experiencing a few bugs I'm anxious to see if an update squashes too, so I feel you.  I'd rather get it stable over fast though...

Ronstang

Why not use the beta?  I have been using the beta for over a year and while I experience little issues here and there it is nothing that doesn't get worked out rather quickly and it has never kept me from using emby.  The more people in beta the quicker the issues get reported and ironed out and the quicker everyone gets access to a stable release.   If you have two machines run the stable on one and the beta on the other....then you can switch back and forth.

Ronstang
12 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

What’s the beta provide over the stable version?

From my limited understanding it contains features that are being added, upgraded and tested.  I actually had my beta server update twice yesterday, each time to add new things.  I myself changed to the beta release over a year ago because the trouble I was experiencing , which I don't remember specifically, was something I would have less trouble with in the beta.....and it was resolved and part of the new stable release.  But I have stayed in the beta ever since so I can test new things sooner....even though we in the beta all experience little hiccups now and again.  But that is worth it also because it leads to new features and quicker stable releases.

Edited by Ronstang
clarity

GWTPqZp6b
37 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

What’s the beta provide over the stable version?

The beta is generally fine but does from time to time demonstrate WIP development features, currently subtitles are going through some updating and are demonstrating some hiccups. Nothing critical if you don't rely on subtitles but be aware there may from time to time be issues that affect your experience. 

Also worth noting that rolling back from beta to stable isn't supported and is likely to break stuff so backup if you want to try it first (database schemas or something). 

Edited by GWTPqZp6b

• 1 month later...
Maisy
On 3/2/2022 at 12:06 AM, Luke said:

Any day now hopefully.

Still any day now?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Bazzu85

Hi are there somewhere a list of known bug of the current beta? 

An additional info, what are the current stages of development? Are there only beta and stable or before the beta there's a alpha stage? Ty

10 minutes ago, Bazzu85 said:

Hi are there somewhere a list of known bug of the current beta? 

An additional info, what are the current stages of development? Are there only beta and stable or before the beta there's a alpha stage? Ty

Please follow the testing area of the community to see the issues we are still working on. Thanks.

Gilgamesh_48

When will 4.7 release?

As Michelangelo is rumored to have said to Pope Julius II when asked about the Sistine Chapel"s ceiling, "When it is done."

wordlover

Or Paradox of Zeno: anytime we ask, the release will have gotten 1/2 the way there since the last time we asked...