Music Auto Plays when Connecting Bluetooth Headphones

Guest worthington_j

Guest worthington_j

Every time my bluetooth headphones connect to my android phone.  Emby automatically starts playing music in the background on the headphones.  I'm not seeing an option to disable this setting.  Does anybody know how I can prevent the auto play when the headphones connect?

Guest worthington_j

The app does not open. When the Bluetooth headphones connect music automatically starts playing. If I open the Emby app I can that it is playing music.

• 1 month later...
BrettD

I can confirm the same. It is an annoying feature of android that the last media app used resumes automatically whenever connecting to a Bluetooth speaker or car audio head unit. It usually happens when there are still items in the app's playing queue (even fully stopped, not paused). I typically have to open the resulting notification, enter the app, stop the playback (again), clear all the items from the app's "Now Playing" queue, then force close the app.

In this case, we're not getting any notification at all; Emby just resumes playing whatever is in queue, and the only way to stop it is to find and open the app manually.

• 2 months later...
bthoem

Same problem here. I have not used emby in the car before, but all of a sudden it started behaving like this yesterday. Really annoying. Starts playing a random radio stream.

Edited by bthoem

• 2 weeks later...