My TV can't find the Emby CEC

Mentalblaze

Mentalblaze

I have installed the Emby server on a Raspberry Pi 4 using R pi OS x64 (debian Bullseye).
Then I realized that I wanted to use it as a client too so I installed Emby Theater.

I installed cec-utils at the same time as "ET". I have tried both the "CEC" Auto and HDMI1, neither works and my TV can't control  ET. 
The TV does support CEC, as I was controlling Kodi earlier with CEC on that same R-pi. 

(Just realized there is one difference, the HDMI / HDMI-micro adapter is new)
But I suppose it should support cec, as it is a new adapter. 

Is there some config or troubleshooting I need to do or should this work out of the box?

As a workaround I guess I can pull out my old Harmony remote and Flirc, but it would be nice to get the proper CEC to work

Mentalblaze

I went for the workaround for now, using my old flirc and an unused Harmony 650.

But I will try and use CEC later. 

Bullseye seems to have some issues. Maybe CEC is affected as well... 
I got another issue on my way to a working machine - I had no sound in hdmi. And that was an issue in Bullseye. 

But I solved that by disabling analog audio by: #dtparam=audio=on in config.txt. 

I wonder what my next issue will be... ;)

Edited by Mentalblaze

• 2 weeks later...
alucryd

I was never able to get CEC working on the Pi 3 and my LG TV here. Still trying to find a Pi 4 for testing that is not obscenely overpriced but it's not looking like the situation will improve anytime soon 😕

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...