force a refresh of newly added or updated media or coverart?

phunzie
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

phunzie

this is the scenario:  I do a database reset, restart Kodi, and go into my movie library. After seeing the first page of my library, i don't see my coverart treatments, and say "woops, I forgot to Enable Enhanced Artwork".  So I make the setting adjustment, go back to my library, and now see the enhanced coverart, EXCEPT for all the items on the first page that i had already viewed before i had enabled the Enhanced Artwork.   I assume the items I had previously viewed were cached without the Enhanced Artwork, and the cache for these items is not being updated after the setting change.

I have tried using "Update Library" in Kodi, as well as "Scan Library Files" in Emby Server, but this does not update the missing enhanced coverart in Kodi. The only way to get the updates to show in Kodi is to use "Refresh Metadata" in Emby Server for each item with missing enhanced coverart, even though the enhanced coverart is already being shown properly on the server

i'll admit this is a minor inconvenience and not a big deal, as one doesn't expect to have to do a database reset often

Edited by phunzie

quickmic

You could do in manually by deleting the thumbnails folder and the texture.db in Kodi's userdata folder (Kodi must be stopped at this point), or:

Trigger the artwork cache and wipe all data there. Once start caching you could also restart Kodi (if you don't actually wanna actually cache artwork).

• Like 1

phunzie

is Enhanced Artwork intentionally disabled after a database reset? If would be more convenient if previous status was kept.

quickmic
26 minutes ago, phunzie said:

is Enhanced Artwork intentionally disabled after a database reset? If would be more convenient if previous status was kept.

Well, there is an option to keep the settings on (manual) database reset.

• Like 1

phunzie

ok, thanks…now i recall seeing the keep settings question  👍

Edited by phunzie

phunzie

just noticed that if i choose to keep settings, my database never gets rebuilt...after "Database Rebuilt" message and Kodi closes, when i reopen it i never see the dialog asking to choose Mode, etc...only if i choose to delete settings before a reset am i able to rebuild database

also, what is Clean Database supposed to do?....when i go through the process it wipes out my ENG database, making me go through the whole reset/rebuild procedure

• Solution
quickmic
9 hours ago, phunzie said:

just noticed that if i choose to keep settings, my database never gets rebuilt...after "Database Rebuilt" message and Kodi closes, when i reopen it i never see the dialog asking to choose Mode, etc...only if i choose to delete settings before a reset am i able to rebuild database

also, what is Clean Database supposed to do?....when i go through the process it wipes out my ENG database, making me go through the whole reset/rebuild procedure

Not sure if I can follow.

First, yes it wipes the database. It's called "reset database" did you expect something different? What do you men with clean?

I'm quite sure there is no bug, was the database wiped or not?

Why should the plugin ask for "Mode" as you kept you settings? It's using the same as before.

The wizard (Mode etc) is not triggered as you kept your settings. You have do add the libraries manually in the plugin config menu -> manage libraries?

Edited by quickmic

phunzie

yes, i understand "Database Reset" wipes the database...but i never knew to add the libraries manually in the config menu...i always relied on the wizard to add my libraries...now i learned something new...lol

i guess "Clean Library" is a Kodi function....when i use it, it completely wipes out the database ENG created...quite a clean...lol

Clean Library.PNG

Edited by phunzie
  • Like 1

quickmic

Yes, "clean Library" is Kodi function. Don't use it with next-gen plugin. It will lead to database inconsistency.

The wizard is just a helper after installation, not manual interventions.

Edited by quickmic