Permission error

sandro_rocha_1982

sandro_rocha_1982

Good Morning. Here's the thing, for some time now I've noticed that poster images and nfo files are not being saved together with the media files. I opened the log and saw an error regarding permissions. I would like to know how to solve. I have an Asustor AS1002T and the folder where the movies are already has read and write permissions. I use the NAS only as an administrator, the Guest user is disabled and there is no other user registered.

embyserver.txt

Dariusz
On 2/28/2022 at 7:16 AM, sandro_rocha_1982 said:

Good Morning. Here's the thing, for some time now I've noticed that poster images and nfo files are not being saved together with the media files. I opened the log and saw an error regarding permissions. I would like to know how to solve. I have an Asustor AS1002T and the folder where the movies are already has read and write permissions. I use the NAS only as an administrator, the Guest user is disabled and there is no other user registered.

embyserver.txt 922.37 kB · 0 downloads

Please double check your permissions in access control.. couple things i can suggest.. open access control select shared folders and there select the folder with which you are having issues saving to and select "access control" from the tab.  Make sure you are granting RW permission to the user/s that should have access.. another thing you can check is in the shared folders section, instead of selecting "access control" select "edit" and try enabling windows ACL.  You will need to do this for each root folder affected.  This has been working for me.. if anything else comes to mind I will let you know

Edited by Dariusz

sandro_rocha_1982

The "Movies" folder already has RW permissions. I activated Windows ACL to see if it works and gave RW permissions to the users group (it was just for the administrators group). I will move a new movie to the "Movies" folder to see if the nfo file will be saved.

ps: even with the permission errors, Emby works fine, displaying the posters and movie information but I like to have the image and nfo files next to the movie to make it easier for other apps to identify the movies and in case I need to redo the library, if having those files helps at all.

sandro_rocha_1982

Apparently it worked. I just don't know if it was the Windows ACL or the RW permission for the "users" group. I'll keep an eye on the logs to see if there are any future permission errors. Thanks.

Asustor file explorer.jpg