No channels showing up in the TV guide

mitch2471

mitch2471

I’m giving Emby Theater another try instead of using WMC. I’ve got the WMC server plugin installed. As far as I can see I have set up wmc server correctly. It has the correct network path for my recorded tv folder. It sees my tuners as available & shows the epg download when in operation.

In the Emby settings menu my tuner has been recognised & epg downloaded. In the channels section I can see that the correct channels are showing & are mapped.

When I go into emby theater I see the same things in the settings, i.e. tuner recognised, epg downloaded & channels showing as mapped. I have also set the default storage locations etc.

When I press control G the guide comes up but is unpopulated. No channels showing, no programmes showing. I’m at a loss.

mitch2471

Hi Luke. Thanks for getting back to me. I'm on version 4.6.7.

At the risk of sounding dim, where do I find the guide scheduled task? It doesn't seem to be under live tv. The only thing there is the manual epg update which I have done.

4 hours ago, mitch2471 said:

Any other suggestions? Still no channels in the guide.

I would check parental controls to make sure you don't have any restrictions applied that might cause them to be hidden. If that doesn't lead to anything, then please attach the emby server log. thanks.

mitch2471

I've attached the server log, wmc server log & hardware detection log. Emby server, Theater & wmc server are all installed on the same Windows 10 x64 pc. I've also attached screen shots of all the settings I have in the servers & plugins. The last photos show the tv guide in emby theater which is still not showing anything. 

server channels page.JPG

server tv advanced page.JPG

server tv setup.jpg

server wmc plugin settings.JPG

wmc server channels tab.JPG

wmc server debug tab.JPG

wmc server display tab.JPG

wmc server folders tab.JPG

wmc server general tab.JPG

wmc server http tab.JPG

wmc server live tv tab.JPG

wmc server prime time tab.JPG

wmc server record tab.JPG

wmc server recordings tab.JPG

wmc server status page.JPG

wmc server tuner tab.JPG

wmc server update tab.JPG

Emby theater live tv settings advanced tab.JPG

Emby theater live tv settings channel tab.JPG

Emby theater live tv settings page.JPG

Emby theater tv guide channels tab.JPG

Emby theater tv guide.JPG

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63781384804.txt ServerWMC current log.txt

mitch2471
7 hours ago, Luke said:

If you run the refresh guide again, is it still empty? Are you behind a vpn by any chance?

Afraid so. I've carried out multiple epg updates over multiple days. No vpn on this machine. I did wonder if it was firewall related or windows streaming related but after switching the firewall off & making sure all Windows file sharing & streaming settings are on, no joy.

mitch2471

Yes. It's Windows 10 so as far as I'm aware there is no choice with windows update. I take it that there is nothing showing in the logs or the screen shots that's obviously wrong?

I recorded a couple of shows in windows media center towards the end of last week. They show as available to watch in the Emby Theater recordings section of live tv so there is some communication going on between the various services.

mitch2471
On 27/02/2022 at 19:48, Luke said:

Is Windows fully up to date?

Yes. It's Windows 10 so as far as I'm aware there is no choice with windows update. I take it that there is nothing showing in the logs or the screen shots that's obviously wrong?

I recorded a couple of shows in windows media center towards the end of last week. They show as available to watch in the Emby Theater recordings section of live tv so there is some communication going on between the various services.

Any suggestions?

Can you show a screenshot of the emby user permissions for that user? thanks.

mitch2471
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Where about's do I find that? In the Emby Server under users it just shows one user listed as primary. I could not see anything listed as permissions.

mitch2471
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Disregard the last message. I have not ever clicked on the user button itself in the user section of the server so I have not ever seen the permissions section before. And I thought I new Emby server fairly well after all these years!

In permissions under live tv were two empty tick boxes. I have ticked them, saved & restarted the server & low & behold….live tv now works.

Sorry to be a pain & I appreciate your help.

On a side note I saw the notice/reminder about Windows Media Center support coming to an end. Would it be possible for you to post a link for a download of the most recent Emby Server & Windows Media Centre installer application for an offline install?

If any of us wanted to say do an operating system re-install or change after support ends your download installer will offer the most recent server which may not at that time be compatible with Windows Media Center & there won’t be an option to download the Windows Media Center app.

@ebr

• Thanks 1