Another Collections Question/Suggestion, maybe

Meijinhada

Meijinhada

I think I've finally gotten things figured out, but collections seems to be the one little bugbear right now.

I see how the auto creation works, and the switch to turn it off in settings.  However, I have a mix of curated collections of my own creation that I want to keep, but I also would like Emby to auto create if I get new movies I wouldn't mind being collected.  Is there a setting somehow to make keep the auto collection on, but ignore ones I've manually created?  I'm not sure if I'm seeing it somewhere.  And if there isn't, I would like to suggest it.

An example of what I'm talking about is that I have an MCU and Marvel (Fox) movies collections, and if I leave the auto collection on, I have not just these manual ones, but then also collections for all of the movies, e.g. Ant-Man Collection, which I don't need.   I just want the movies to stay in my manual collection, but if I run the library scan to scrape in, say, the three Kingsman movies I've just gotten, I would like it to auto collect the Kingsman series, but also NOT re-collect all of those MCU and Marvel movies into separate collections again alongside my manual one.

Hi, there's no way to ignore specific collections, so you might have to just turn the setting off and create them manually.

You can also leave it on and simply delete the collections you don't want, with the understanding that they could return in the future following any refreshes of metadata.

Happy2Play

Sort of a grey area as you would have to remove the Provider Collection and Lock per movie/item metadata so it can't be recreated.

Meijinhada

Is it possible to have it set so it recognizes any previously done sets in .nfo tags above metadata scrapers?  MrMC does this, I believe, so I would have all of my collection .nfo files with the proper <set> tags, so if I ran a library update, anything already marked as a collection would not then have new ones created, because the system respected the tags first.  I mean, Emby did recognize some of those tags....just not all of them consistently.  But that seems to be a simple enough workaround.

Is it possible to have it set so it recognizes any previously done sets in .nfo tags above metadata scrapers?

HI, more options are certainly possible, yes.