Brand New Subscriber, Server Becomes Unresponsive

HouseOfCards

HouseOfCards

Good day,

I'm making the jump from Plex, and I installed a shiny new instance of Emby on my TrueNAS machine (BSD Jail) using the plugin (4.6.7.0).  I set up libraries, running great, until it's not...

For no reason when browsing media, the thing becomes unresponsive and I need to restart the jail to get Emby running again.  It's happening all the time.  I've attached the logs from the last time it crashed.  I was just browsing media, and the logs end with references to it loading media assets.  It literally just stops responding if you're looking around in your media.

Any help would be great.

embyserver-63781071630.txt

Happy2Play

Nothing stands out in the log; can you enable debug logging to see if it catches anything.  Settings-Logs

OT: I don't know the exact fix but your setup is not using Emby ffmpeg/ffprobe/ffdetect.

2022-02-28 00:00:00.022 Info App: Emby
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz -noautorunwebapp

Someone else's log

2022-02-28 00:00:00.018 Info App: Emby
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffdetect /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd12_{version}_amd64.pkg

So a guess may be version.  But devs or fellow platform user may be able to provide more assistance.

HouseOfCards

Thanks for jumping in...

I enabled the debug logs and will post when it crashes again...  Could be 5 minutes, could be two days...  It just randomly dies.  Other than that, works perfect.  FWIW, it doesn't die when streaming anything, ever...  It only dies when browsing the libraries.

I'm using the latest version of TrueNAS, and the community plug-in they have in the interface.  Just a basic install from there, just like anyone else who installs it that way would.  Nothing special, nothing added or removed.

Steven

HouseOfCards

The server runs all night fine, so I started clicking around through the library images, and sure enough...  I edit the images of "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers", and it hangs up...  Crashed.  The logs are attached.

The usual behavior is that it won't crash when sitting idle.  It hasn't crashed when streaming to any device.  It crashes when I'm browsing around through the content.  And it seems to only crash when I browse content which hasn't downloaded all the images or content yet.  Since the server is new, it's downloading in the background all the time, so it's crashing all the time.  I've set it to 5 backdrops on each library so it rotates, and most of those aren't downloaded.  I've set all the libraries to "download images in advance" to get this all pulled in quicker, but curating things has been painful.  If I'm clicking around to edit backdrops and artwork, it's endlessly dying.  I imagine once I have it all curated I won't have this many issues because it will all be downloaded. 

It seems to crash when serving up or writing static content, not when streaming.

embyserver-63781733043.txt

Hi, for now, try removing the playback reporting plugin, and the dlna plugin if you don't need that feature, and then restart the server.

The current 4.6.7 release server is built with the mono runtime, which tends to use a lot of resources. The upcoming 4.7 release has switched to the .NET runtime and will be much lighter, more responsive, etc.

HouseOfCards

Yeah, I was digging around in the logs of the jail and saw this after a crash...

mono-sgen exited on signal 6

I'll start with the DLNA first.  I kinda like the statistics.  LOL.  I'll see if it gets any better, and hopefully 4.7 isn't far off.  If it still crashes after that, I'll take the reporting out too.

• Thanks 1